Old 07-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #1

City: Baltimore
Vessel Name: Matty Beau
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee
Manatee Items

Looking for some items to restore my '84 Krogen Manatee. Maybe someone has done a refit and has the originals in storage.
Wanted:
  • Galley round trash bin lid
  • Pilothouse seating area Hi-Low table and chrome legs
  • Teak medicine cabinet
  • Bronze (or brass?) "Manatee" plaque
  • Teak window valances (Salon, Galley, Head)
  • Teak shower floor platform
  • Clock/Weather station
Call or text 713 899 5365

Thanks!

SamIam_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
The trash bin lid should be easy enough to copy off an original. Photos and measurements are easy to pass on. Same color formica is still around. The pilothouse table and legs, medicine chest, and teak shower grid are items I might let go of as projects proceed. I don't know about original teak window valences, but if you have any photos, Shipshop Woodworks in Stuart, FL, has probably either restored or made them new. Never heard of them though.

"I'd rather be happy than dignified".
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
The Manatee plaque is something of an oddity. This is mine, but I don't know where or how to restore it. I suppose it is stamped brass. A sand-cast could probably be done from it. I think perhaps the original purchaser's name was also on the plaque. We've got another 6 or so Manatee owners as members here. Maybe they know.

It may be a good idea to place this ad in the Krogen section of the Forum, otherwise with the limited interest, it will fade into oblivion without notice of other Krogen owners who know other Krogen owners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manatee plaque.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	42386  

"I'd rather be happy than dignified".
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #4

City: Baltimore
Vessel Name: Matty Beau
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee
The previous owner cut the trash bin lid to make a smaller access door with a piano hinge. So you don't have to lift the whole lid, just lift the little access door. Convenient, but the hinge faces upward so it ruins the flat surface you get with the original design.
I would not think the original Formica would be around anymore. So it I couldn't find an original replacement, was thinking of a custom teak cutting board to match the stovetop cutting board. Not sure that would look as good as the original, though. Thanks for the heads-up. I will look into it finding a countertop guy to see if matching Formica is around.
I've seen pics of the teak valances. Adds a nice finished look. Here is a photo of one in the galley. Very simple, straight lines. Haven't seen anything similar available commercially (like at blinds, window treatment companies).
Keep in touch regarding the other items you might have available as your projects progress.
SamIam_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #5
Guru

City: Scottsboro, Al.
Vessel Name: Hi-D-Ho
Vessel Model: 1987 Krogen Manatee
The trash bin lid you mentioned, never used ours for trash just storage. It actually is an ice box and has a melted ice drain hose built into the bottom, would be good in emergency if frig quit. As Larry said should be easy to build a new lid. Our brass owners plaque looks like a casting if your near a Manatee you might be able to use one to make a mold. The only things I have are the brass pipe fittings and caps for the anchor chain, I change them out when I installed a new anchor windlass. A good wood worker could re-produce the shower teak grate but it will cost you mightily, same for the teak valances. Good luck
Bill
HiDHo is offline   Reply With Quote