• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Mainship 390 2003 w/single Yanmar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks,

Click on the name of the Poster, then select "Send a private message to <UserName>"

Incidentally, survey's are the responsibility of the buyer, not the seller. Seller's don't get survey's and rarely get a copy of the survey paid by some prospective buyer.

We would also be interested in the 390. We are in Fort Myers so previewing the boat is easy. Can you reply via private message or forward additional pictures or any other information regarding condition, maintenance, electronics, hull, etc. All is greatly appreciated thanks. MD.

Greetings Riverguy-inquiring about your boat and availability? From another River guy in MN-but hanging in TI ,FL next week.would like to take a look-if she avail-

The Main ship is Beautiful the rare fold down mast is exactly the design I am looking for. Thank you for posting the pictures.

The Main ship is Beautiful the rare fold down mast is exactly the design I am looking for. Thank you for posting the pictures.

Thanks Ajay, send me a private message with contact info if you want to come see her.

Lovely boat. Is it still available and is there viewing plates in the swim platform to make certain it is not filled with water?

For Sale -- 2003 Mainship 390 w/Single Yanmar in FL

Lovely boat. Is it still available and is there viewing plates in the swim platform to make certain it is not filled with water?

Yes. Starting with the 2003 model year, the swim platform was redesigned to eliminate the 'foam filling' and include access ports.

2002 and earlier boats may have had the ports added after-the-fact.

Send me a private message if you are interested in seeing the boat.

Thanks!

Hi - I'm interested in your Mainship. I'd like to make an appointment to come see it. My only questions are how many hours are on the generator and what size chain does your windlass accept, 5/16" or 3/8".

My name is Lee Hackney, I'm in St. Augustine. My number is (904) 707-9954. My email is leehackney1@gmail.com. I have cash and I'm not a tire kicker.

Thank you. - Lee Hackney

I've been looking for a 390 in good shape. Yours sounds nice. Is it still for sale? How many owners has this boat had?

River Guy, is your yacht still available?
thanks
Capt Mike

We hate to do it, but it's time to sell...

Our Mainship is one of the later production 390 models, built at the peak of their popularity. By the time this one was built, Mainship had added a number of customer-driven features and upgrades, and had the benefit of more than five years and almost 400 hulls worth of experience in perfecting the design. She has all of the most popular options including the Stainless Steel Sampson Post, single Yanmar engine with bow-thruster, Cherry-and-Holly sole and the (rare) folding mast.

• Single Yanmar 370hp Diesel (~1,100 hours)Upgraded exhaust; high-rise elbow and Centek backflow check valve
  • Kohler 8kW Genset
  • New Water Pump (2017) and New Heat Exchanger (2017)
  • New Dinghy (2016), Outboard (2016) and Davits
  • Raymarine Autopilot, Color Chartplotter/Sonar/Radar
  • Cherry interior, Cherry and Holly Cabin Sole
  • Bow-Thruster; Side-Power SP-95T
  • Optional Stainless Steel Sampson Post
  • Optional Folding Mast
  • Stainless Steel Railings
  • Electric Windlass
  • Interior LED Lighting conversion (2015)
  • New Flybridge Upholstery/Cushions (2017)
  • Newer Nova-Kool Refrigerator (2013)
  • Two new Air-Conditioning units (2016, 2017)
  • Both with transferrable 3-yr Extended Warranties from West Marine
  • New A/C circulation pump (2016)
Excellent condition, expertly maintained, located in Bradenton, FL $143,000

~Riverguy
I am ready to buy if you are ready to sell P let me know

Fred deBardelaben

I am interested in your main ship. I live in st Pete and would like to drive down and look at your vessel. How can we arrange this?? I can come down any morning but have to leave by 11am coming back. Please let me know. Thanks. Fred

Would anybody have a copy of this PDF manual?
Riverguy has been missed from the form for awhile :ermm:

Big Thanks!

Hi all,

Among them are the Factory "Rigging Manuals" that detail the process of final assembly of boats that were shipped after unloading them from the trailer. This includes installing the upper flybridge including all of the railings, mast, helm station and controls, etc.

For shipping a used Mainship, all you have to do is reverse the procedure.

This is a great resource for anyone thinking about shipping a Mainship 350 - 390. With this document, you should be able to get a very accurate estimate from a boatyard for the cost of prepping the boat for shipping.

It is also great for understanding how the superstructure is built and the critical joints that prevent water leaks.

I also have others including the MS40, 400 and the 35. I do not have these for any of the older Mainships.

The manual is huge (nearly 100 photos) and covers:

If you need the manual or if you are thinking of buying and shipping a Mainship, you will need this manual.

I've attached the sample with the TOC and a couple of photos. It is too large to upload the whole thing here, please send me a private message if you need this for the MS350/390/40/400.

Mainship 350/390 transport by land resource

Hi all,

I've had a few of inquiries from potential buyers for our MS390 wanting to know what is involved in shipping it by truck.

Before we bought our 390, I tracked down Jim Krueger (former G.M. of Mainship) and he provided a number of factory documents that were only available to dealers.

Among them are the Factory "Rigging Manuals" that detail the process of final assembly of boats that were shipped after unloading them from the trailer. This includes installing the upper flybridge including all of the railings, mast, helm station and controls, etc.

For shipping a used Mainship, all you have to do is reverse the procedure.

This is a great resource for anyone thinking about shipping a Mainship 350 - 390. With this document, you should be able to get a very accurate estimate from a boatyard for the cost of prepping the boat for shipping.

It is also great for understanding how the superstructure is built and the critical joints that prevent water leaks.

I also have others including the MS40, 400 and the 35. I do not have these for any of the older Mainships.

The manual is huge (nearly 100 photos) and covers:

• Fly Bridge Rigging Instructions 3
  • Upper Bridge Railing Installation 5
  • Upper Bridge Table Installation 8
  • Mast Installation 9
  • Windscreen Installation 10
  • Upper Bridge Cushions, Upper Helm Seat, and Steering Wheel Installation 11
  • Shifter Line Installation 12
  • Throttle Cable Installation 14
  • Steering Head 16
  • Upper Bridge Wiring 17
  • Garboard Drain Plugs, Anchor, Miscellaneous Installations 18
  • Propeller Installation 19
  • Shaft Coupling Information 21
  • Batteries, Trim Tab Information, Launching Boat 22
  • Fluid Levels, Fueling Information, Starting Engines 23
  • Test Running Boat, Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, 24
  • Systems Function Testing, 25
  • General Information 26
  • Rigging Kit Supplies 27
If you need the manual or if you are thinking of buying and shipping a Mainship, you will need this manual.

I've attached the sample with the TOC and a couple of photos. It is too large to upload the whole thing here, please send me a private message if you need this for the MS350/390/40/400.

Cheers!

Hello Riverguy, I've tried to PM you to request this document. do you still have it available? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom