Previously listed for sale at $20k I have reduced the price. Getting out of boating due to health issues. I need to sell.
I have a 1978 Mk1 34 with re-engined Perkins Turbo (1985). Bow thruster, full canvas. Currently on land near Annapolis, MD. For the last year I have not been able to use the boat often due to illness and I need to sell it. It's mechanically good, cruised last in Nov. 2013, it needs TLC.
I am asking $12,000.
Mainship 34 Mk1 Trawler , built by Silverton / Mainship 1978
· Westerbeke Marine generator engine 3 cylinder diesel 5kw
· Extended Flybridge
· Re-engined in 1985 with more powerful Perkins marine diesel T6.354.4 240 Hp turbo
· Has original inside layout
· Full size V-berth with single bunk above
· Queen size sleeper sofa
· Electric Bow thruster
· Spare Prop
· Basic electronics, VHF, GPS Chart, etc.
· Custom, full flybridge enclose and canvas, plus matching weather cloth
· Swim platform
· New electric flush toilet
· Pressurized water system
· Full standing / seated shower
· Dual power marine refrigerator
· Dual cycle electric air conditioner / heater
· Basic engine / generator service spare parts, filters , etc.
· Dripless shaft seal on prop shaft
· Pilot position on flybridge and inside salon console
· Twin 6 volt golf cart batteries for house / backup start
· 12 volt marine batteries for generator starting and bow thruster
· Battery switch / combiner
· Upgraded alternator on main engine.
· Shore power battery charger for all batteries
· Electric stove / oven. Microwave.
I believe the boat is very usable with minor repairs and maintenance. A few things need immediate attention, such as the generator water pump. Others are optional, but I noted them as I had them on my punch list.
TLC needed and other notes:
· Generator needs water pump seal
· Two areas of “soft deck” one on port front of flybridge, another on starboard foredeck about 2/3rds forward.
· Bilge pumps / float switches should be checked / replaced. Parts are on boat but not installed.
· Engine heat exchanger core needs to be flushed.
· Needs bottom and prop cleaned and bottom paint re-applied
· Toilet does not flush properly because there is a blockage in the PVC pipe from toilet to holding tank.
· Anchor rode is aging and should be checked /replaced soon
Selling as is.