• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Land-N-Sea Houseboat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffnick

Guru
Vessel Name
Big Duck
Vessel Make
'72 Land-N-Sea
I've had inquiries about my boat Big Duck which is not a trawler, but all the comforts of home on a trailer. They're almost non-existant in used turnkey, but a fellow in Nevada has one for sale. If you're interested drop me an email.

TWIN 4 CYLINDER/240HP; OUTDRIVES= TWIN OMC 120; FLYBRIDGE + 2 BIMINI; MESH ENCLOSED UPPER/LOWER DECKS, EACH WITH DECK STORAGE AND ADDITIONAL STERN; SEVERAL ADDED LADDERS; EXTRAORDINARY HD TRAILER- Electric BRAKES, GOOD TIRES, LAUNCH EXTENSION, ETC.; GENERATOR; A/C; ALL SYSTEMS OPERATIONAL UPON LAST WET IN 2012-STORED AT HOME SINCE; INTERIOR EXCELLENT; TOO MANY ‘EXTRAS’ TO LIST- BUT MOST EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING WANTED INCLUDED. 30K IN:10K FIRM

Two%252520biminis.jpg

More about mine here:
One More Time Around: Tennessee River Gorge

FWIW; Great boats, built in San Jose CA in the early 70's. Excellent rough water hull design.

And they're wake proof too!

Damn, that's impressively stable!

L & S info.

Jeff,
Is that L & S in nevada still available ?
I've searched the marinas & dry dock storeage area's in southern nevada, No luck.
In the last few years. Marina's have closed down & liquidated lots of old boats & houseboats.
Most of them were junked ! Sent ro the land fill.
Seem's they make more on a Tax write off then to auction them off. That's why old boats & RV's just rot in dry / storeage.
I've herd nothing but sad stories.
They just ground them up ! They make more money that way. I spoke with a Co. That buys up old marina's & storeage yards to do that.
They never auction / sell anything ! !
If anybody know's of one for sale, Please, Let me know; EdwardrTafoya@gmail.com
I keep searching ?

I tried searching for the molds recently. Last I heard they where in a S San Jose or Morgan Hill field(I may have seen them as a kid). If anyone knows the exact whereabouts of the original molds I would appreciate a PM

I tried searching for the molds recently. Last I heard they where in a S San Jose or Morgan Hill field(I may have seen them as a kid). If anyone knows the exact whereabouts of the original molds I would appreciate a PM

The molds are in a Morgan Hills CA yard. All the molds/parts were sold when the factory went under. This half was used at Boat Shows to demonstrate how the boats were constructed. The hulls were actually built in halves and glassed together.
download

This video was sent to me by one of the owners (now over 90 y/o) who stumbled on my blog. It too was used at boat shows.

Thanks Jeff. I was in Morgan Hill and drove around for several hours looking last week. No luck yet but I'll go back and keep looking. Good to see you back posting here, you bring an interesting perspective to discussions not easily replaced.

For those that don't know Jeff has done the "trawler thing" and evolved back to a hybrid style of traveling and boating that I find a pretty cool compromise.

That wagon pulling it is a beast!

Jeff,
Is that L & S in nevada still available ?
I've searched the marinas & dry dock storeage area's in southern nevada, No luck.
In the last few years. Marina's have closed down & liquidated lots of old boats & houseboats.
Most of them were junked ! Sent ro the land fill.
Seem's they make more on a Tax write off then to auction them off. That's why old boats & RV's just rot in dry / storeage.
I've herd nothing but sad stories.
They just ground them up ! They make more money that way. I spoke with a Co. That buys up old marina's & storeage yards to do that.
They never auction / sell anything ! !
If anybody know's of one for sale, Please, Let me know; EdwardrTafoya@gmail.com
I keep searching ?
None available that I know of, but here's one in the wild...
A fellow boater spotted this one and alerted me. I sent a note but never got a response.
QuHqC6bPlDzhlZEPHf8RM1GPVdep4l_VDrVtHP6QTsrxAoOoif5HERhHHQa1Qwe99B18GKposnDk70U2iQnOU4BDrSK9yDuthdIwjkfoET4bkNRt1W3gO8YuUYEhWk_S-ezVWPc58VJrJROUuavFvvgL6Awvrv4PhIKSYN-b-Ta2ozRixAX0WRYV68_VBAfrb1dNneTuK_Vlmsqr30UG2KHnEktNxiLsMdJ1Sqn-O63tKyZzJ3DemRUeRggJIiIhlfbMS-jcck5Ully2qRUPjts7xipv1Il3pZwtm9v5bTeJdzy37k2ChQaeZ_PpHIj8sQZT5B7M3OuysxKamM3ZHextgnU--DzuvBMaJ95IwR8t_mjO-AqQY-7GY7txwPVp71LtZNvnOKq66DIFZNf8F9OHYtk49R_hwC1AwE6ueLvT4B-tR1ThgYDUhclRZJ6pSaAYVoeCtk7ixuvzRYP2Qs6GNyl0VnJ3Huo4HgNgAy5suhtjkGNZxNlXDTIUbKrHo96tQunigbeM6U6LMPiiXxTrWdC2JBrBagfQlsiZIN-t4ULBbB7jXRecmn66LdVLzmrXZt6tanYbwq8fiJNCdv0TizqhACJXQ6kVRDk0CU2HCI2jV015Iw=w984-h604-no

Here is a photo from Wimpy's marina in the CA Delta circa 1979 for you Jeff

IMG_3519.JPG

In this photo from the same era is a picture of my dads houseboat docked behind the Sea Ray

IMG_3514.JPG

Thanks Jeff. I was in Morgan Hill and drove around for several hours looking last week. No luck yet but I'll go back and keep looking. Good to see you back posting here, you bring an interesting perspective to discussions not easily replaced.

For those that don't know Jeff has done the "trawler thing" and evolved back to a hybrid style of traveling and boating that I find a pretty cool compromise.

Thanks for the pics.

I found my last conversation (2012) with the fellow who took the picture. He said:
It's in gated boat and rv storage, it's were I keep my L&S. The girl that runs the office is in at 1pm on weekdays and might let you see the demo. The place is called Land and Sea boat and rv storage and is located at 20000 Monterey road.

L & S For Sale ?

:D Nice Boats !
But, Not L & S .
Both are Sea Campers.
The Stubby one is different ?
I keep looking for the Elusive L&S !
EdwardrTafoya@gmail.com

Yes, it's a Sea Camper - smaller brother to the LNS. Sea Campers are 24' as opposed to LNS 28. The trouble with the Sea Campers is that by now their interiors have rotted or mildewed. The LNS had a molded fiberglass interior - no wood, so the LNS's are generally in better condition inside.

Similar to the Yukon Delta my dad owned in the second photograph in post #12. Most of those should have long since decomposed by now as they where basically a frameless 16' aluminum skinned travel trailer stuck into a flimsy 25' thin fiberglass cathedral hull.

The Yukon Delta was built to an extremely low price point ideal for a family of moderate means could easily afford to have fun on the water. The L&S as Jeff pointed out is a much more robust build thus have survived with only soft goods needing replacement.

I have one in Half Moon Bay dry storage

I have one, a 1972 Land n Sea in Half Moon Bay in dry storage, looking for a houseboat boatyard place or mechanic to renew the electrical and steering, needs a lot of work, willing to spend $10K on the renewal if anyone knows of a place that could renew my old houseboat.

I have one, a 1972 Land n Sea in Half Moon Bay in dry storage, looking for a houseboat boatyard place or mechanic to renew the electrical and steering, needs a lot of work, willing to spend $10K on the renewal if anyone knows of a place that could renew my old houseboat.
Tell me about your boat?
Engines/drives?
Trailer?
Flybridge?
Generator?
Any modifications?
When was the last time it was in the water?

1972 land n sea

its basically just the hull and interior, we removed the engine and generator, it has a flybridge though, hoping to spen 10-15k to renew it rather than buy a new houseboat because its been in the family for a bit and we love it

The Big Duck is cool

yes that one is cool. I've been following their restoration since they bought the Big Duck and brought it home on the trailer, its one of the best Land n Sea websites, you should take a look

Does anyone know of any houseboat restoration services in the San Francisco Bay Area?
These houseboats have relatively simple systems. Any mobile marine mechanic could do mechanical work - maybe even your neighborhood auto mechanic or a "handyman" you trust. The interior of the boat can be worked on by a home repair guy. If they have specific questions, maybe I could help.

I've had inquiries about my boat Big Duck which is not a trawler, but all the comforts of home on a trailer. They're almost non-existant in used turnkey, but a fellow in Nevada has one for sale. If you're interested drop me an email.

TWIN 4 CYLINDER/240HP; OUTDRIVES= TWIN OMC 120; FLYBRIDGE + 2 BIMINI; MESH ENCLOSED UPPER/LOWER DECKS, EACH WITH DECK STORAGE AND ADDITIONAL STERN; SEVERAL ADDED LADDERS; EXTRAORDINARY HD TRAILER- Electric BRAKES, GOOD TIRES, LAUNCH EXTENSION, ETC.; GENERATOR; A/C; ALL SYSTEMS OPERATIONAL UPON LAST WET IN 2012-STORED AT HOME SINCE; INTERIOR EXCELLENT; TOO MANY ‘EXTRAS’ TO LIST- BUT MOST EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING WANTED INCLUDED. 30K IN:10K FIRM

Two%252520biminis.jpg

More about mine here:
One More Time Around: Tennessee River Gorge

Hi, wondering whether this boat is still available, if so I would love the info? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW; Great boats, built in San Jose CA in the early 70's. Excellent rough water hull design.

My concept of rough water must be entirely different than yours!
What features do you consider make this a great rough water design?
Tri hulls are considered one of the worst designs for anything beyond glassy lake conditions, their forte is stability at rest.
The thing offers vast windage, and is obviously top heavy, best to be in the marina if it’s gonna be rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom