• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Halvorsen 2002 Island Gypsy 32'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo123

MOD NOTE*** Thread closed at OP's request, boat now listed with broker.

2002 Halvorsen Island Gypsy Gourmet Cruiser 32’ (35’10” LOA)

Engine: Cummins 330 HP turbocharged wit new after-cooler 2010, 770 hours, Maintenanace records for all work is well documented..
Hull: Bottom Paint, zincs (every six months), prop and shaft etch and paint spring 2010
Deck Gear: 33# Bruce w/110ft of 5/16” chain and 150ft line rode. New Maxwell 800 series electric windlass with 2 controls stations 2010.
Davit – Roskelly/Olsson stainless steel with block and tackle
New canvas - Bimini, flybridge cover, window cover, and exterior cushion upholstery 2010
Electrical: New 8D AGM 240AH house bank 4each, and one new 8D AGM 240AH start battery, 2010.
Inverter: 2500watt @120V AC Heart Interface Freedom 25 inverter/charger
Battery Charger: 130AMP Heart Interface Phase Three 40amp
New Pioneer Stereo CD/MP3 Player
New 19” Flat Screen with built in DVD Player
New Sharp Microwave/Convection oven
Navigation & Communication:
Auto Pilot:Raymarine ST6000
Radar: Raytheon, 24 miles with LCD display
Direction Finders: Two- Raytheon RL 70C GPS/Plotter/Depth/Radar and Raytheon RL760GPS/Plotter/Fishfinder.
Fathometer: Two-Raytheon RL760 and RaytheonST60
Interior:
New upholstery and window coverings 2010. New galley faucet.
Small Vessels:
West Marine 280 RIB 9’-3” with 8HP Johnson motor.

Attachments

• Dash II for sale.jpg
    Dash II for sale.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 339
  • Dash II for sale 001.jpg
    Dash II for sale 001.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Dash II for sale 002.jpg
    Dash II for sale 002.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Dash II for sale 003.jpg
    Dash II for sale 003.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Dash II for sale 004.jpg
    Dash II for sale 004.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Dash II for sale 005.jpg
    Dash II for sale 005.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Dash II for sale 006.jpg
    Dash II for sale 006.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Dash II for sale 007.jpg
    Dash II for sale 007.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Dash II for sale 008.jpg
    Dash II for sale 008.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 257
Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely beautiful boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
That boat has been for sale for several years. Notice the ladder to the fly bridge. It's straight up and down which is a shame as the boat seems to be in excellent shape. The photo, however, is several years old.

Attachments

• IG 32.jpg
    IG 32.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 191
Lovely looking boat. Never understood why "Gourmet" crept into the name. A nice well maintained boat for someone, priced well below where it would be in OZ.

. Never understood why "Gourmet" crept into the name.

I can shed some light on that question!

In 2006, I bought a 2005 Halvorsen "Gourmet Cruiser." After a few months of operating the boat and wanting to know more about it, I had the opportunity to have lunch with Harvey Halvorsen, in Newport Beach, CA. He told me how intrigued he was with the Hinkley Picnic Boats and how much he wanted to be in that market. While having lunch in a Hong Kong restaurant, he started sketching his version of a Picnic boat on a table knapkin. He used the Island Gypsy 32 hull, removed the fly bridge, beefed up the hardware, added a nice cabin, queen size island birth, separate shower from the head, roomy cockpit, bigger engine, blue hull and white topsides and voila! The Gourmet Cruiser was born! Why Gourmet Cruiser? Because Harvey was convinced that his boat was not just a day boat, but a boat that a couple could take on a cruise, in complete comfort, with a real galley, capable of creating gourmet meals. And folks, that's a true story!

2005 Gourmet Cruiser SeaHorse II

Attachments

• IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Walt, I note that in comparing yours and the subject boat, the flybridge is an obvious difference, but yours also has the side rails running much farther aft. Is this a model year change? One of my concerns with boats like this, and the Camanos, is the precarious footing for a "senior" first mate going forward to handle lines. One of the reasons we like our walk-around MT.

...but yours also has the side rails running much farther aft. Is this a model year change?
No, not really. The fly bridge models (of the Gourmet series) all had the rails terminating early, so to speak. The 32 and 34 models are like mine but the 38 Gourmet Cruiser is completely different.

Pic #1 32 & 38
Pic # 2 32 Island Gypsy Europa (Courtesy of dwhatty)
pic #3 LtoR 2012 32 Gourmet Cruiser & 2005 Gourmet Cruiser.

All these boats were built on the proven Island Gypsy 32 hull. (Extended for the 38.)

Now, I know everyone on this forum loves their boat but in all seriousness, the IGs are one hell of a boat!

Attachments

• Gourmet Cruisers.jpg
    Gourmet Cruisers.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 323
  • Emily Anne 5:29:2011.jpg
    Emily Anne 5:29:2011.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 184
  • White vs, Blue.jpg
    White vs, Blue.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I can shed some light on that
That is interesting. I`ve met Mark, I`d like to meet Harvey. Our IG 36, single sleeping cabin with semi island bed, has a separate shower, installed by the PO replacing a dressing table/wardrobe. I call it the "selfish couple`s fitout", though the saloon converts to a good double. Our galley is a one full side of the saloon, too much really. I`d be happy with no flybridge, the many timber cruisers Halvorsen built and hired out (25-38/40ft), including to me, had none. Your boat follows that traditional concept, very much updated of course. Old timber Halvo cruisers are restored and prized like vintage cars.
Happy onboard gourmet cooking on your Gourmet Cruiser!
PS. Photo 1 in post 9 may have been taken on the Hawkesbury River, not far from Bobbin Head where Halvorsen`s hire business were based.

Last edited:
Old timber Halvo cruisers are restored and prized like vintage cars.

I always liked the Halvo 36 and I'll bet you do too!

Harvey sent me this photo about 6 years ago.

Attachments

• Old Halvorsen Commuter copy.jpg
    Old Halvorsen Commuter copy.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 299
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom