Old 09-14-2015, 08:15 AM   #1

City: Circleville, Ohio
Vessel Name: Sunset Lady
Vessel Model: 1975 Chris Craft 35 Aft Cabin
Gulfstar 36 for sale

Man plans, God laughs. After two and a half years of prep work, we have to give up our Gulfstar after 3 months on the loop. The boat is in Sheboygan, Wisconsin at Harbor Center Marina. Online views at skipperbuds.com, #B14220. $23,500.

I did everything I could to make the boat reliable. Both Perkins 4-236 engines have had starters overhauled, fuel injection pumps overhauled, lift pumps replaced, new thermostats and all hoses replaced. Heat exchangers flushed and cleaned. One exhaust elbow replaced. Props trued and balanced. Both struts trued and new cutlass bearings. Raw water intake thru hulls re-bedded and water filters re-sealed. New packing glands for each shaft.

All batteries new in 2013. 6 6v golf cart batts for the house bank. 1000 amp start batts for each engine, 850 amp batt for the genny. Interior was redone stem to stern. Stateroom head has a full size RV gravity head sitting atop a 30 gallon holding tank. Uses about a pint of fresh water per flush. Separate shower in head. Galley has new propane stove/oven. Pictures of the renovation can be seen at our blog and facebook site, Journey of the Lady J.

We're sad to see her go, but she is a real bargain for someone looking for an economical cruiser. At 1750 rpms, she burns 2.4 gallons per hour at 7 to 7.5 knots depending on wind and waves. Her 250 gallon tank gives her long legs.

"Keep putting off till tomorrow, and you'll end up with a lot of empty yesterdays" Prof. Harold Hill
Old 09-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Sorry to hear your Loop adventure has ended. Hope you get a quick sale. Looks like a great deal for someone interested in doing the loop.

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
Old 09-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #3

City: Janesville, WI.
Oshkosh

Hello Bilgewater; I have been planning on tackling another item on my bucket list. Traveling to New Orleans by boat. I have owned power boats for years. I have two currently. A 20 foot Sea Ray Signature that we use to pull the kids with and local boating. Also a 31 foot Sea Ray SS (1993) . Both in showroom condition. I have read that a sailboat is the most economical way to travel and have been shopping for one. I ran into the former owner of Cruisers Yachts recently in Sturgeon Bay. He said a trawler might be a good compromise. I will be in Oshkosh on the 9th of October. I will take a look at your Lady J. Very sorry that you have to give her up. I know what that trip must have meant to you.