• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Grand Banks 49' 1981 Classic.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron T

Vessel Name
Grand Yankee
Vessel Make
1981 49' Grand Banks Classic
60,000 pounds of fiberglass and teak. Twin Lehman SP-355 6 cyl. engines. Ford blocks. 474 CID. 1800 hours. Turbo-Intercooler. 15 KW Northern Lights Generator. Bottom completely redone up to waterline. New Large teak swim platform. four new air conditioning cold/hot units installed. New Sea-Frost 12 VDC ice box and freezer installed. Stabilized. All new Blue Seas Panels and electrics installed. Smart Plugs bow and stern. many spare parts. Located at Worton Creek Marina, Eastern Maryland. Asking $ 150,000. Mobile 516 523 6796.

Gb 49' 1981

To many people just like to look at pictures. If you are and interested buyer, you will come crawl the bilge and ask 100 questions. I can send photos via smart phone. I have seen photos taken 10 years ago representing a vessel that has really aged.

But as someone who is gathering information on possibly buying a boat in a year or 2 I like looking at pictures. I will start looking at boats soon, and yes I will look at quite a few before I narrow it down to type, size, and manufacturer. I think that is what is frequently suggested here.
Does it cost you anything to put up pictures here?
You never know when someone will see your post and either be interested or just look at pictures.

Breaking news...
Not everyone lives near Hampton Bays. Or NY for that matter.
Not everyone who crawls around your bilge is a serious buyer.

Since this is a classified ad, he's free to sell his boat however he chooses. Let's discuss merits of pictures on a discussion thread.

49' Grand Banks

The folks who call about the Banks are serious buyers. They do ask 100 questions and before they come to look or part with their hard earned money, i will answer more then 100 questions. I have gone to the UK to look at a vessel i was interested in, but only after asking 100 questions to the owner. You can google a Grand Banks 49 and find out quite a bit. sit down and form your questions. Look at Yachtworld and get idea on asking prices. Walk the docks and get input on the quality of Grand Banks construction. Then find a seller who can tell you what is good and bad about the vessel. Don't ask a broker. He is there to sell, sell, sell. How long would a good survey take on a 49' Banks. No less then 10 hours just crawling the hull. Too much to look at, take apart, photograph and take notes. Find out the weak points about the vessel you are interested in. What do you intend to use it for. How do they hold their valve. How many made and how many for sale. Make your dollar buy all it can.

Asking Price is $ 125,000.

What is the condition since you don't want to post a picture, price sounds very low so it has me wondering, or a few pic that would be worth a 1000 words.

GB 49' For Sale.

If you are really interested you will pick up the phone and call me with your questions. What i can not answer by phone I can i phone you the photos of areas of your interest. Serious buyers will invest the time. I just got back from Seattle with a customer who paid my fee plus airlines and hotel to go look at a 60' 1925 wooden power vessel. Round trip JFK-SEA-JFK is not cheap.

Interior shots?

I followed your post and pulled up your YW listing. No interior shots? Can you verify, it appears from the pictures your brightwork other than the stern of the boat is gray? Not finished than?

Being in the market now, looking very seriously at Grand Banks I would also agree, well taken photos help to show off the condition of the vessel. I personally don't care if someone has invested thousands but hasn't taken care of the actual vessel it self. Varnish peeling, engine bays that are sloppy, rotting wood under the windows and it saves me and everyone else the time.

I sell for a living - I insist taking professional pictures and showcasing what I have to offer. In addition a well written description of what has been done in the years of ownership, etc.

I'd be interested in seeing more pictures, bshillam@hotmail.com. Your welcome to send them and I'll keep an open mind.

All the best!

Do some research on those engines.

As I recall parts were getting hard to find starting a few years ago or so.

SP 355 Engines

From what I have found about 210 of these engines were made. The block is a 474 CID engine still available from Ford. All internals can be had. Fresh water pump a raw water pump, i have spare new one and can be rebuilt by DEPCO. Many parts swap with Mermaid from UK. Their parts break down books show same parts different numbers. Intercooler and marine manifold are the hard to get. I don't need so I haven't looked that hard. I wish they were new 4 Cyl. John Deeres 180 HP or Cummins 210s but they are not. So life goes on and with just over 1900 hours, we have a long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom