• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Grand Banks 1981 49' For sale.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron T

Vessel Name
Grand Yankee
Vessel Make
1981 49' Grand Banks Classic
60,000 pounds of fiberglass and teak. Twin Lehman SP-355 engines. 1900 hours. 474 CID. Turbos. 15 KW Northern Lights generator. New bottom up to water line. New large swim platform. Four new AC/heat units. New Sea Frost ice box-freezer. Located upper east shore Chesapeake Bay. All new Blue Sea electrics. Stabilized. Asking $ 150,000. Mobile 516-523-6796

I'll second that, MarlinMike

Looking forward to more than a thousand words. Your ad RonT is just the teaser, right? It sounds like a great boat.

PM me at 678-777-1745 any additional info and pics

Banks still for sale ai $125,000. Continued up date. More monies being spent. Call for photos.

Ron, your shooting yourself in the foot! Lots of GB lovers here that wouldn't give this add a second look without pictures or a link. You have a captive audience of trawler enthusiasts.....

Without photos, most people think you are trying to hide something. Not saying that you are, but that is usually the perception. I would add dozens of photos, that is the way to entice people to call. I would not call just to get photos. Just my 2 cents worth.

Banks still for sale ai $125,000. Continued up date. More monies being spent. Call for photos.

Ron, perhaps by now I thought you might have twigged to the relationship between photos and a sale - or at least enquiries

7 posts suggesting pics....and still no pics.....

hmmmm.....

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,395
I have sold 2 boats in the last 2 years. I listed them on Boat Trader and both had very detailed descriptions with listing of all improvements made. But most important in my opinion was the 40 to 50 plus good quality photos of each boat. I took photos of every angle I could think of. I wanted the potential buyer to see that I was willing to show the entire boat. In both cases the first person to come look at the boat bought it.

The OP included his phone number, instead of grousing call him. And yes, the ad is over a year old.

Hi. Either call me at 516-523-6796 or leave email I can send photos to. Vessel is in Maryland yard.

I hope you have received all the photos I send. Computer skills not very high. Let me know your questions.

Ron its very easy to add attachments. When you go to make a reply, click the "manage attachments" button. If you are at all serious about selling, you would post some pics and more information.

IMG_0719.JPG

One at a time gets old.

On a PC, may be different on Mac or the phone / tablet app.

1. Click "Post Reply" or in "Quick Reply" click "Go Advanced"
  2. Click "Manage Attachments" the paper clip icon
  3. Browse to your pics
    1. Select your pics just like opening a file
    2. Select up to 10 pics
    3. Click "Upload" to upload all pics at one time
    4. Click "Close this window"
  4. Click "Preview Post" to make sure it's all good
  5. If you don't like it, go back to the paper clip icon and try again.
Your pics are now loaded as attachments.

Optional:
If you want to insert the pics in the body of your post

1. With images uploaded and attached
  2. Click the paper clip icon
  3. Click "Insert All"

Pretty easy after you've done it one time.

Attachments

• Step 1.png
    Step 1.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Step 2.png
    Step 2.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Step 3.png
    Step 3.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Step 4.png
    Step 4.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 180
Port age Bay. Thank you. thank you. I do appreciate your time and patience. I will do my best to learn. I wind up sending one photo at a time to folks who are truly interest. Thanks again. Ron T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom