Old 11-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #1

Gulfstar 36 Trawler 1973

Located Mid Florida Keys

Engines:Twin Perkins 4236. Hours unknown where pulled out and extensive service done about 5 years ago. estimated 250 hours since than
Borg Warner Transmissions port side has oil leak at shaft, managed with pad for years.
1 1/4 inch shafts
Air Conditioner
Hydraulic steering
Water Heater
Pressure Water
3 Batteries new in 2015
3 Bank battery Charger
1500 watt inverter
Bimini Top and side Curtains on Bridges serviceable condition.
Bedding, Dishes, Cutlery, Vacuum Cleaner, Flare gun with current flares.
Propane stove burners functioning oven is not.
Vhf Radio is the only electronics
Electric head and holding tank
Danforth Anchor, Anchor Line and Dock lines are included.
Lots of odds and ends left on boat.
Upper Compass poor condition lower compass newer.
There is a auto pilot pump and head that had been working but was dead screen in Nov 2015.
Upper instruments working, when left. temp and pressure gauges have some quirks. Lower instruments mostly non functioning.
The Boat has been in occasional use for the last few years, the engines were running well when last used for a few days this month the air conditioner was blowing cold, there is lots of work than can be done by new user. Mostly repairing upper deck, electrical quirks etc, instruments and over all wood and trim finish. soft spots on rear and upper deck have been present since we have owned it and have not stopped us from enjoying it.

Boat is being sold as is where is with no warranty. Please call 519 434 2611 for any additional info. More pictures are available.

This boat drove to the dock and should drive away after new owner familiarizes them selves with it. Dry storage will be paid for till the end of the month when purchased. Launch expense at new owners cost. If planning on leaving in water extended time bottom paint should be done before launch.

$15,000.00
Attached Thumbnails
GS 36 T Nov 13 2015.jpg   Lower helm.jpg   Rear Port berth.jpg   Aft hanging locker.jpg   Head.jpg  

Shower.jpg   Filter System with primers.jpg   Forward Berth Sink.jpg   Forward Birth.jpg   Starboard Engine Filter and House Battery Isolator.jpg  

Old 11-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

City: St. Marks, Florida
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 36
Appears to be the same as my boat, and certainly an attractive price. I am a real Gulfstar fan, and while I know nothing about this particular boat other than what was posted, I will say that if I were in the market for a budget boat I would be looking at it.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:59 PM   #3

Thanks for the comment John, well said. The price it is market value which is purchasers best friend right now a lot of boat for the money. We sure have had a lot of fun with it and have lots and good thoughts of Gulfstar Brand also.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #4
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Where's the snug budget newbies looking for a boat for the Loop? By the time my wife and I are ready for a GS 36 they'll be giving them away and at less than $500/foot they almost are now.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
Old 11-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

City: St. Marks, Florida
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
Where's the snug budget newbies looking for a boat for the Loop? By the time my wife and I are ready for a GS 36 they'll be giving them away and at less than $500/foot they almost are now.
Yup. A lot of boat for the money. Those Perkins 4-236's are bullet proof, the layout inside is fine for two people, and they are really good cruiser boats. Not to say that they do not have their drawbacks, of course. They tend to roll (I use flopper stoppers at anchor), the engine room space is, to be kind, limited, and the rudders are too small. But comfortable, good visibility, easy to maneuver with those twins, and they have that trawler look, which is hard to define, but when we see it, we know it.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Further...While this particular vessel seems to need a LOT of work, the price is quite attractive and the description appears refreshingly honest. For $15K we'd certainly look at if we were in the market...