Old 05-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
Guru

City: NARBONNE
Vessel Name: 'Snow Mouse.'
Vessel Model: BROOM FLYBRIDGE 42.
Thumbs up Cruise The French Canals

FOR SALE our Birchwood 33' centre cockpit single engine diesel cruiser moored in the French canals. This boat has an exemplary cruising record and has cruised the Western Isles of Scotland, Irelands river system and from Ireland to Spain, she is currently moored in Narbonne on the canal du Robine.
The mooring is not included but help will be given to locate another suitable mooring of your choice.
She sleeps 2 in great comfort plus 4 visitors if required. Her domestic inventory includes a freshly laundered double bed linen, all crockery, utensils and is carpeted throughout.
She's recently been surveyed and is in absolutely A1 condition, we'll lift her out, anti-foul her and renew anodes for the new owner. We can see no reason why she would need any money spent on her in the near future making her a great investment.
If you buy our boat all you need to start cruising through the largest vineyard in the world are your clothes ! The canal cruising permit ( 240 Euro's) is paid for 2014
Local airports and high speed trains connect to the world.
Our asking price is 65,000 Euro's.
To contact me send a private message on TF and I will send photo's and technical details .

Irish Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Guru

City: Fort Myers - FL
Vessel Name: ORIGINAL
Vessel Model: Hi Star 55
Pictures, pictures :-)

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Alemao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:53 AM   #3
Guru

Hello Alemao,
Thank you for your interest I'm no IT expert ! I've uploaded attachments, let me know if you can open them OK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture bateau le 02 avril 2012 - Copy.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	30118   Click image for larger version

Name:	AFT CABIN.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	30119   Click image for larger version

Name:	F'ARD CABIN.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	30120   Click image for larger version

Name:	AL FRESCO.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	30121   Click image for larger version

Name:	PILOT STN.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	30122  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PROP&ANODES.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	30123   Click image for larger version

Name:	TOILET&SHOWER.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	30124  
Old 05-25-2014, 12:57 AM   #4
Guru

Alemao,
If yourself or anyone else wishes to see the full advert on Apollo Duck, the advert number is 28492.
I didn't post full advert as I didn't wish to break any TF rules.
I hope this is helpful.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
Guru

Hello, in respect of our Birchwood centre cockpit boat for sale as advertised above.
In view of the distance/time/trust etc. and as a gesture of goodwill.
If a member of Trawler Forum purchases our boat on trust 'as seen, as advertised,' we will reimburse the airfares (by coach) and subsequent train travel from their home direct to Narbonne, to the successful buyer, up to a value of US$ 5,000 upon production of receipts.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:16 AM   #6
Guru

Hello, I have had many enquiries with different requests about the above boat for sale and to clear up any misunderstanding over the price. The original price when the advert above was first posted was 65,000 Euro's of which I offered a 5,000 dollar discount to cover travel expenses (with receipts) to Trawler forum members.
I have since reduced the price on Apollo Duck, advert ID number 28492 to 59,950 Euro's.

A member of Trawler Forum wished instead the boat to a 'turnkey' deal, instead of the airfare discount.
So to make the situation absolutely above board and clear, the price of the boat today 02/01/2015 is 59,950 Euro's.
I will offer either a rebate for airfares(with receipts) up to 5,000 Euro's for an 'as seen', bareboat purchase, OR, the boat prepared for a 'turnkey' purchase with full water tanks, full tanks of 450 litres of diesel,, crockery, freshly laundered bedding for double bed, lift out & anti fouled, new anodes fitted, full gas bottles and hull inspection certificate for insurance purposes, literally walk on with your suitcase and turn the key, cast off and go at a price of 59,950 Euro's.
The air fare discount is NOT included in this deal price. Moorings are NOT included but help will be given to find alternative moorings if required.
Each person has different requirements and needs and we try to be as accommodating as possible but it is a commercial transaction, I hope this is perfectly clear and avoids any misunderstanding.
Please take note, the financial situation at the moment with a strengthening dollar and weakening Euro make this an exceptional offer that should not to be missed.
I will be leaving France to return to Ireland as an ex chairman & commodore guest of honour of the Inland waterways of Ireland at the 50th anniversary rally, any deal must be absolutely completed by the 22nd of April, if no deal is concluded we will take the boat off the market and keep it for our family's use.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:44 PM   #7

City: Pittsburg, CA
Vessel Name: NoMoBoat
Vessel Model: Trawlers
Very Nice!

Make a great Delta boat too.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:25 AM   #8
Guru

Due to circumstances beyond our control we reluctantly have to withdraw our Birchwood shown above from sale. A short story long as the Trawler Forum and it's members deserve a full explanation of events.
We've had a mooring in Narbonne for our Birchwood for some years and it's our cruising base for France, Spain and Italy, we also have rental properties nearby which we manage.
We had an agreement with the port captain to continue to PAY IN FULL for him to keep our berth, we would sell the Birchwood and the port captain would have use of our berth until we returned with our other boat.
Family changes dictated that we needed a larger boat so we bought a Broom 42 in Ireland with the intention of cruising it from Belturbet in Ireland to the South of France to our berth in Narbonne where she would be based.
To take full benefit of this cruise it would take from June 2015 until September 2016, leaving Ireland, via Great Britain to France, winter over in Dunkirk then in spring 2016 up into Belgium, Holland, Germany and back to Narbonne in France by the autumn 2016..
A change of Maire (Mayor) and port captain after local elections has now decreed that a, people having berths in the port must live on board for a minimum of 6 months of the year and b, no berth can be reserved for more than 6 months without a permanent occupant. This has totally screwed up our meticulous forward planning and thrown a proverbial spanner in the works and now means that we have to keep our Birchwood until next April in order to keep our own berth/cruising base.
By nature I'm on the square, straight dealing, talking and I absolutely abhor people who break their word so you can imagine my feelings over this snafu.
I can only wholeheartedly apologize for this mess which is beyond our control.
The Birchwood will be for sale next year for anyone with long term plans in mind and we'll do everything we can to assist prospective buyers.

Tags
canals, french, sale