View Poll Results: Where would you if you owned this boat?
The Grenadines 0 0%
French Riviera 2 25.00%
Mediterranean Sea 4 50.00%
British Virgin Islands 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-02-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
Newbie
 
mynamaste's Avatar
 
City: San Carlos
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Namaste
Vessel Model: Bering 65
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Bering 65

This Bering 65 is a rugged and classic-looking steel-made hull expedition trawler (also known as full-displacement boats) capable of any ocean crossing. Due to the high displacement levels (106 tons), it is a boat that burns 8 gallons per hour and cruises at 8 knots. However, its weight and hull shape give impressive stability in pretty much any sea and weather condition, which makes it a perfect boat for any type of expedition or even spending nights anchored in any bay.

Custom built

Excellent condition

Current Location: Port Louis Marina St. George's, Grenada

Technical Specs
Length (LOA): 65'
Waterline Length (LWL): 57' 4"
Beam: 19' 7"
Draft (Full load): 6'1"
Displacement (Full load): 235,900 lbs
Gross Tonage: 83GT
Bridge Clearance (Height): 32'8"
Cruise Speed: 8 knots
Fuel consumption: 8 GPH at 8 knots
Max speed: 10 knots
Fuel consumption: 25 GPH at 10 knots
Engines: Twin 265 hp John Deer 6068AFM75 gas sterndrive
Hours: 2500 hours
Fuel: 4,500 gal
Water: 400 gal
Grey water: 260 gal
Black waer 260gal

Asking price: US$ 1,850,000

All info and pics:
https://www.mynamaste.vip

Send me a message for more info!
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
Thank you for contacting me. Feel free to send me a text to 650-4741154 and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
mynamaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
City: New York
Country: USA
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 293
Incredible....Good Luck with the sale...
__________________

Genecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:22 PM   #3
Member
 
City: Sugar Land
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Looking for the next one
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13
Very nice; amazing low fuel consumption for a vessel that size.
Caggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:23 AM   #4
Guru
 
Seevee's Avatar
 
City: st pete
Country: usa
Vessel Model: 400 Mainship
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,980
Did I miss it, but what year?
__________________
Seevee
Seevee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:09 AM   #5
Guru
 
twistedtree's Avatar
 
City: Gloucester, MA
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,525
How is it 83GT and 230,000 lbs? Something doesn't add up.


And what's a "gas stern drive"
__________________
www.MVTanglewood.com
twistedtree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:29 AM   #6
Guru
 
O C Diver's Avatar
 
City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in Crisfield, MD
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
How is it 83GT and 230,000 lbs? Something doesn't add up.
Tonnage is supposed to be a measure of useable interior space in cubic increments on USCG documentation. The other is the weight of the water the vessel displaces which is the weight of the vessel.

Ted
__________________
Blog: mvslowhand.com
I'm tired of fast moves, I've got a slow groove, on my mind.....
I want to spend some time, Not come and go in a heated rush.....
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:34 AM   #7
Guru
 
City: Satsuma FL/Daytona Beach Shores
Country: United States
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,085
Your post says it has twin John Deere 6068AFM75s but your web site says twin Cummins QSL-9s. So which is it?
__________________
Buffalo Bluff Light 28
Donsan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:19 AM   #8
Guru
 
twistedtree's Avatar
 
City: Gloucester, MA
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by O C Diver View Post
Tonnage is supposed to be a measure of useable interior space in cubic increments on USCG documentation. The other is the weight of the water the vessel displaces which is the weight of the vessel.

Ted

Yes, I understand the difference. I've just never seen the GRT be smaller than the actual displacement. It's usually the other way around because GRT includes hull volume above the waterline.


Actually, as I think about it, wouldn't it be impossible for a boat to float if the GRT were less than the displacement?
__________________
www.MVTanglewood.com
twistedtree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #9
Guru
 
O C Diver's Avatar
 
City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in Crisfield, MD
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
Yes, I understand the difference. I've just never seen the GRT be smaller than the actual displacement. It's usually the other way around because GRT includes hull volume above the waterline.


Actually, as I think about it, wouldn't it be impossible for a boat to float if the GRT were less than the displacement?
GRT isn't weight, its volume (cubic feet). One ton is equal to 100 cubic feet of storage.

Tonnage

Ted
__________________
Blog: mvslowhand.com
I'm tired of fast moves, I've got a slow groove, on my mind.....
I want to spend some time, Not come and go in a heated rush.....
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:55 PM   #10
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
Yes, I understand the difference. I've just never seen the GRT be smaller than the actual displacement. It's usually the other way around because GRT includes hull volume above the waterline.


Actually, as I think about it, wouldn't it be impossible for a boat to float if the GRT were less than the displacement?
He didn't say GRT. He said GT, I'm assuming ITC. GT is less than GRT.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #11
Guru
 
Sailor of Fortune's Avatar
 
City: Saint Augustine, Fl.
Country: Port of St Augustine ,FL
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
He didn't say GRT. He said GT, I'm assuming ITC. GT is less than GRT.
All usually different. Much closer than the boat I run but GRT is GT. Displacement is weight of the boat, GRT or Gt refers to Gross tonnage (volumetric calculation of certain interior spaces).ITC is International Tonnage calculations (different formula than U.S ).

My work boat displaces 970 tons or so. ITC is 800 plus . GT or GRT is 198. Loop holes (many since closed) when built, got these boats under 200 GRT for manning purposes. "lightning holes", or Tonnage doors provided the necessary ways around these laws. Most are closer together but GRT, ITC have almost nothing to do with weight. Volumetric calcs only.
__________________
Jack (Steve?)
Sailor of Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:17 PM   #12
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor of Fortune View Post
All usually different. Much closer than the boat I run but GRT is GT. Displacement is weight of the boat, GRT or Gt refers to Gross tonnage (volumetric calculation of certain interior spaces).ITC is International Tonnage calculations (different formula than U.S ).

My work boat displaces 970 tons or so. ITC is 800 plus . GT or GRT is 198. Loop holes (many since closed) when built, got these boats under 200 GRT for manning purposes. "lightning holes", or Tonnage doors provided the necessary ways around these laws. Most are closer together but GRT, ITC have almost nothing to do with weight. Volumetric calcs only.
No, GT and GRT are two different measurements. GT is measurement used by STCW and GRT by USCG. GT used by most of Europe and also term used by ITC. This boat is not in the US.

GT is always less than GRT as GT is just the enclosed spaces. Many European boats will leave something with a small opening just to get it not to count toward the measurement and keep it below a cutoff level.

GRT is not used now anywhere outside the US. US Captain's licenses use GRT but then STCW endorsements are based on GT.

Back to the OP and his 83 GT looks quite normal for his boat. It is also the number straight off Bering's website.

Now, none of these, as you state, have anything to do with weight.

3. TONNAGE MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS
There are two basic tonnage measurement systems presently available in the United States, namely the Convention and Regulatory systems. The primary system is the Convention or international system, which is derived from the provisions of the International Convention on Tonnage Measurement of hips,
1969, to which the United States is a party. The Regulatory or national ystem has three subset systems, namely Standard, Dual and Simplified. The Standard is the oldest system, dating back to the 1860's, and is based on the British “Moorsom” system. Dual measurement was developed in the mid 20th century to benefit shelter deck vessels by providing alternatives to fitting them with tonnage openings. The Simplified system was initially authorized by Congress in 1966 for recreational vessels to reduce the measurement cost burden for owners and the measurement workload on the government. Later, the Simplified system was extended to certain commercial vessels. Convention tonnage is dimensionless and expressed as GT ITC (or simply GT) for gross tonnage and NT ITC (or simply NT) for net tonnage. Regulatory tonnage is calculated in units of register tons of 100 cubic feet per ton and expressed as GRT for gross register tons and NRT for net register tons.

And if you want to read more, which I can't imagine anyone would,

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/D...-09-123757-680
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:09 AM   #13
Guru
 
twistedtree's Avatar
 
City: Gloucester, MA
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,525
It's sad, but I actually did read that USCG document.


The half joking point I was trying to make earlier is that the volume measurement below the water line is also the displacement measurement. That's based on the paper Archimedes wrote some time ago. So if the GT or GRT measurement includes any volume above the waterline, then it has to be larger than the displacement or the boat will sink. Add to this that GT measurements credit you 100 lbs per cu ft, where anything over 67 lbs/cu ft will sink.


It's a conundrum on the surface (pun intended), but I'm sure explainable in the minutia of measuring the boat.


Another way to look at it is that WOW, steel sure is heavy.
__________________
www.MVTanglewood.com
twistedtree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:29 AM   #14
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
It's sad, but I actually did read that USCG document.


The half joking point I was trying to make earlier is that the volume measurement below the water line is also the displacement measurement. That's based on the paper Archimedes wrote some time ago. So if the GT or GRT measurement includes any volume above the waterline, then it has to be larger than the displacement or the boat will sink. Add to this that GT measurements credit you 100 lbs per cu ft, where anything over 67 lbs/cu ft will sink.


It's a conundrum on the surface (pun intended), but I'm sure explainable in the minutia of measuring the boat.


Another way to look at it is that WOW, steel sure is heavy.
GRT at least includes all deck areas of a boat, but the techniques that allow one to reduce the GT ITC by leaving an area open on a recreational boat, much like getting a boat under the magical length in Europe are used everywhere. So, you'll see two boats and boat A is definitely bigger than boat B but has lower GT simply because they left an opening.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:21 PM   #15
Guru
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
City: Upstate,SC
Country: USA
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,736
I was looking for " The world " in the pole but didn't see it. If I had that vessel, I would have the means to take her everywhere, I assume.
__________________

__________________


ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bering, expedition, steel hull, trawler, yacht

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012