Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #41
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
RT - OBVIOUS and Goes Without Saying!!

You ought to see what I hear about you! Or is that hear what I see... never can figure how that's supposed to go!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #42
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. Art. You hear nothing about me and if you have, send me the "dope" and I'll send out the squad..

Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #43
Guru

City: Springdale, NL
Vessel Name: Ocean Breeze
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 85OA38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily View Post
I'm the owner of the 36ft BEAUITFUL KROGEN MANATEE..You may want to learn how to read more clearly..Where do I ASKED FOR ANYTHING UP FRONT..Did I not say COME SEE MY BOAT..In the future read the add , not what you are thinking it says..
Hey there Uncle Bily, Relax. I am glad you came aboard and that your ad is legitimate.

Just there are too many people that post ads on CL or Kijji that are bogus and many people get caught sending money as holding fees etc. I didn't say you asked for money but sometimes there is enough info on some ads to draw the unexpected in.

Best of luck on the sale of your vessel and I'm sorry for my remarks.

Elwin
Old 04-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #44

City: ross
36 ft Krogen Manatee for sale..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
If I was before I can assure you I am NOT now.

Good day sir
I will never understand people like YOU..I've been on the water for over 50 years...I love boating and being around boaters..

I don't want to sell my Boat, But business is making me do this ..Why would you want to say anything BAD about me selling my Boat, without knowing the damaged you would be doing to someone YOU DON'T KNOW ?
Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #45
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Regardless, your boat sounds like you've worked hard on it, and I'm sad that you have to let it go. Someone will surely love your Manatee, Bill. Everyone here can be a doubting Tomas from time to time, and out comments about such things are mainly addressed to the "universal possibility" rather than any given person. Sorry if it sounded so directed toward you or your character. I also listed the Craigslist ad on the Krogen Cruiser site, and the only response was "sounds suspicious".......and that was from one of the nicest cruising couples I know. Anyway, we'd all love to connect you with the buyer that would make a win-win situation for you both. It'd be great to see another Manatee here on Trawler Forum. It kinda validates the rest of us Manatee owners....you know what I mean?
Old 04-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #46
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Regardless, your boat sounds like you've worked hard on it, and I'm sad that you have to let it go. Someone will surely love your Manatee, Bill. Everyone here can be a doubting Tomas from time to time, and out comments about such things are mainly addressed to the "universal possibility" rather than any given person. Sorry if it sounded so directed toward you or your character. I also listed the Craigslist ad on the Krogen Cruiser site, and the only response was "sounds suspicious".......and that was from one of the nicest cruising couples I know. Anyway, we'd all love to connect you with the buyer that would make a win-win situation for you both. It'd be great to see another Manatee here on Trawler Forum. It kinda validates the rest of us Manatee owners....you know what I mean?
Healhustler That I am the person who posted this ad in TF... it pleases me that things are working out! I sure wish Bily the best luck in sale of his boat and who ever purchases it the best in ownership. I've spoken to Bily more than once now and feel confident in his authenticity. Art
Old 04-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #47
Scraping Paint

City: -
The ad seems to have been removed from Craigslist so I have not read it. But as many people here know, wording can make a HUGE difference in how a reader perceives what is written. For people who pooh-pooh the relationship of wording to reader perception, this has been a beautiful example of how an apparently legitimate attempt to sell a decent boat can be met with all sorts of skepticism and negative reaction based solely on the wording of the ad. The end result is a bad taste in everyone's mouth and the potential loss of a sale.

A big part of my day job is writing, everything from scripts to interview questions to e-mails trying to persuade someone or some company or the government to do something they ordinarily would not want to do. And my night job is writing as well. I've learned--- sometimes the hard way--- just how effective words and phrasing can be in both positive and negative ways.

So if a person wants to sell something and has any doubt regarding their ability to word the ad or announcement effectively, or even if they think they have the ability, it can be a good idea to run the proposed ad past someone who can read it objectively and can offer advice or suggestions as to how to maximize its effectiveness. Particularly someone familiar with the environment the ad addresses, selling a boat in this case.

A lot of people reading the exchange between Billy and the forum would come away with a fundamentally negative image of the boat, the seller, and the whole deal. I certainly did and I hadn't even read the ad. And, as all the bozos trying to be president have discovered, it takes a LOT more effort with far greater chances of failure to correct a negative perception than to create a positive one from the outset. The wording of something so simple as a Craigslist ad can make the entire difference between a sale and no sale.

So be careful at those keyboards out there.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #48

36 ft Krogen Manatee for sale..

TO ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE, WHO JUST HAPPEN TO BE BOATERS..
ALL YOUR KIND WORDS , HAVE TOUCH MY HEART AND SOUL...

MAY YOU ALWAYS BE IN BEST OF HEALTH..MAY YOU ALWAYS ENJOY THE HAPPINESS OF YOUR PASSIONS..

CALM SEA'S AND SUNSHINE TO ALL...THANK YOU Bily Marakis
Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #49
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
Well this has been a lively old post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #50

City: Salt Spring Island
Vessel Name: Twilight
Vessel Model: Permaglass Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Ahem.....Speak for yourself Mr. Art! I am NOT crazy, which is what I "think" you were trying to key. I am not suffering from insanity. I'm enjoying every minute of it!

A friend came to visit Groucho on his deathbed, asked him if he was OK.

Groucho replied " Oh, I have a few investments..."
Old 06-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #51
Art
Guru

Hey Bily

Your Manatee sold for ya... yet?

In this thread alone there have been over 1,700 views. I've noticed your ad once in a while on SF Bay CL. Talk about exposure!! And, your price seems quite reasonable. Thought I'd again post here to bring it back into exposure.

As always - BEST LUCK! - Art
Old 06-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #52

City: Monterey, CA
Vessel Name: Mahalo
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Still up on Craigslist

Krogen Manatee 36, Priced$50k under market value
Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #53
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: The Caroliner
Vessel Model: Plans to build 30' Spira Sitka
Being on the left coast and having a boat in that good of condition,I am surprised it hasn't been snatched up at that price.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #54

City: Boerne, Tx
Vessel Name: HEY JUDE
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 36 Manatee #46
I don't see a generator & the two bedroom model is not that popular an option.

His statement about the average Manatee selling for 145 is 20 too high. Pre '08 they did, some for lots more, but not since.
HEY JUDE, a 1986 Kadey Krogen 36 Manatee, #46 of 99. After 13 yrs on Lake Travis she's on Clear Lake TX being prepped for coastal cruising.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #55
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Duh?!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #56

City: Salt Spring Island
Vessel Name: Twilight
Vessel Model: Permaglass Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post

His statement about the average Manatee selling for 145 is 20 too high. Pre '08 they did, some for lots more, but not since.
I also don't see an auto-pilot, diesel furnace, and judging by the 5 coats of epoxy it may have just been rescued from considerable osmosis. No statement about a dinghy either. No lower helm is not a bonus.

It has some teak decks, and there are a lot of nice boats available for $95K firm these days - so if this was a blistered Krogen it's worth no more.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #57
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
It is worth what someone is willing to pay!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #58

Truly if you have , nothing to say, that isn't nice, and you don't know the boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones44 View Post
I also don't see an auto-pilot, diesel furnace, and judging by the 5 coats of epoxy it may have just been rescued from considerable osmosis. No statement about a dinghy either. No lower helm is not a bonus.

It has some teak decks, and there are a lot of nice boats available for $95K firm these days - so if this was a blistered Krogen it's worth no more.
DEAR MR KNOW IT ALL...ALL YOUR STATEMENT ABOVE, JUST TRULY MAKES ME BELIEVE, YOU KNOW "SO LITTLE"..And I ask you why would you make these statements..Without knowing the boat..Or why I must sell it...There are 6-manatee's on YACHTWORLD..The AVG.PRICE IS $ 146k, and AVG HOURS are 3000..Mine is a fresh-water boat, kept in a covered marina..with "400 ORG. HOUR"...I invite you to see my BOAT..You may gain some knowledge about boats and How your un-educated statements make you sound like ?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #59

CHECK YACHTWORLD THERE ARE 6-MANATEE'S, AVG PRICE $146k

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post

Try doing your homework..6-manatee's on YACHTWORLD..AVG. PRICE $146k...
AVG HOURS 3000.

I INVITE YOU TO COME SEE MY BOAT..Kept in Freshwater, Kept in a covered Marina..." 400' ORG HOURS"...

ANY BOAT BROKER , WHO KNOWS THE MANATEE'S KNOW THESE TWO STATEROOM MODELS ARE "RARE and when boats are selling well . A much better investment,...

Try saying something nice..It would probably make you feel better..
Old 06-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #60
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Being on the left coast and having a boat in that good of condition,I am surprised it hasn't been snatched up at that price.
I can't speak for California but the Manatee is not a popular boat model up here (PNW). In the 14 years I've been involved with diesel cruising I have seen exactly two of them. One lives in our marina and never seems to go anywhere and the other was on the guest dock for a few days a number of years ago.

Why the Manatee is not popular in our waters could be, I'm sure, the subject of another never-ending thread. SFO Bay could be a different story, however, I don't know.

Closed Thread