• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: 34' MT Europa $34K - Sold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badu11

Veteran Member
Specs:
Length: 37'
Beam: 11' 9"
Draft: 3' 6"
Engine: 120hp Ford Lehman, rebuilt
Engine hours: 182 at time of posting
Cruising Speed: 7.5 knots
Year: 1975
Mfg: Marine Trader
Type: Europa
Price: $34,000
Hull: Fiberglass

Classic Marine Trader Europa trawler. Interior features a wide-open salon and galley on the deckhouse level, a v-berth and full head with shower on the lower level. Large surrounding windows provide plenty of light for the large built-in dinette that can convert to a berth. The very spacious top deck has plenty of room for entertaining, dining or relaxing and the overhang shelters the cockpit. Additional features include a transom door, new swim platform, shower on back deck, wide covered side decks and a hardtop for the bridge.

Measurements:
Cruising Speed: 7-7.5 kn
Fuel Burn @ Cursing Speed: 1.75/hr
Cruising Speed RPM: 1900
Max Speed: 8.5 kn
Max Speed RPM: 2450
LOA: 33' 6"
Max Bridge Clearance: 17" 9"
Dry Weight: 19,000 lbs
Fuel Tanks #: 2 New Poly Fuel Tanks
Capacity: 120 each, total 240
Number of twin berths: 3 (v-berth, dinette, and settee)
Number of Cabins: 1
Number of Heads: 1

The original teak decks have been ripped out, screw holes filled with epoxy, and 2 layers of biaxial 1708 laid on top. All leaks were identified and repaired, no leaks. All repairs were done with nida core. New gelcoat from the decks up.

Electronics:
Furuno Color Radar FCR-902 36nm range
(2) VHF radios, lower and upper station
Garmin GPSmap 176c
Heart Interface Freedom 2500watt Inverter
TrakStar SunSaver MPPT Solar Controller SS-MPPT-15L
ProSport 12 Dual Bank Battery Charger
Deka GC15 6v (4) Battery Banks, 430AH
Sea Star Cetrek 770 Autopilot
LewMar Pro Series 1000 Windlass
Faria Depth Sounder
Shakespeare SeaWatch TV Antenna

Electric:
Honda EU2000 Portable Gas Generator
AquaCal AC with reverse cycle heat 7,000 BTU (both runs and starts on generator and inverter)
Magic Chef Refrigerator
Princess Electric Stove with Oven
12v water pressure system
Microwave

8' dinghy included, 65lbs. Also have all of the spare parts from the original engine.

Our growing family will be requiring a larger MV as future plans include spending a lot more time aboard. If there are opportunities towards a trade, we are interested.

I have a lot more pictures on my google drive and can share a link upon request. Just shoot my a PM or email, badu11 at yahoo

Thanks for looking at my posting.

Attachments

• DJI_0041.jpg
    DJI_0041.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 738
  • DJI_0059.jpg
    DJI_0059.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 721
  • DJI_0062.jpg
    DJI_0062.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 829
Nice boat. I have the almost identical model - same year, etc, but mine did not have the extended hard-top upper deck, so we achieved similar with frame and Sunbrella canvas.

At that price, that is a really great buy for someone getting into the trawler-style action. :thumb:

Now this is value. With the Ford Lehman being a positive and if the decks were done correctly another positive what is not to like about the rest of this boat. What a great weekend family cruiser.
GLWS
Looking forward to interior pics.

Thanks for the kind words. We installed the hardtop removing as much weight from it as we could by pulling the radio box. It provides nice protection from the Florida sun and sits at the right height to provide shade while handling the boat.

It has been a great boat for us but the time has come to move on to our next adventure. I don't necessarily want to see her go, but she will server the next owner kindly.

George, thanks for your interest. If you shoot me an email or PM, I can share with you a link to my Google drive that has all of the pictures.

rbeitz, thanks! I just went out and measured height as I know the importance for clearance and the radar arch which supports the hardtop is right at 15.5'. The hardtop sits under the radar arch. There is a permanent mount TV antenna that adds another 1.5' landing you at 17' clearance with VHF antennas folded down. If you need to be under the 17' for total clearance, there are the TV antenna and radar dome that would need to be removed or remounted.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
Trey,
You should have recv'd a link from my google drive to view the pictures I have. Let me know if you didn't get it.

If you like what you see, I can share my number outside of the forum to discuss any questions you may have.

Still available and now offered with a fresh bottom job, new cutless bearing and recon prop.

Attachments

• 20160627_143725.jpg
    20160627_143725.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 337
Trey, I have shared with you a link to my google drive that houses pictures giving a good representation of the trawler. Let me know if you did not get it.

78-Puget, thanks for the complement. The recon prop has provided cruising speed at less RPMs so I'm hoping to see an even further improvement in fuel economy.

Attachments

• 20160627_143654.jpg
    20160627_143654.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 275
Would like to request additional pics.

Greetings. I am interested in learning more about the condition of your MV. Perhaps by possibly forwarding interior pics, engine, bilge, etc.

I am newly signed onto this forum and am searching for an occasional live aboard trawler.

Thanks for the interesr. If you shoot me a private message with your email address I can share with a link to my Google drive that houses all of the pictures I have.

Dear badu11, I tried to send you a pm, however, the forum would not let me. I am in the market for a trawler under 50k. Could you send me the link to your pictures? My email address is haw1961@live.com

That is one super fine looking MT 34. But I am not going to buy another boat right now. No, no, no .... :nonono:

Check out that fuel burn at "cursing" speed, LOL! Nice boat!

I would check it against actual Lehman rpm, fuel burn charts and with other cruisers. If accurate, I certainly wouldnt be cursing. :D

The charts are readily available on the web.

Can't say it's wrong but it's way more generous to what I have been reading and seeing with my 120.

Again..only recommending all classified postings be checked for accuracy, here, Yachtworld, etc.....

Looks like a great boat at a good price! :thumb:

Last edited:
Thanks for your interest. I have added your email as a guest to my Google Drive. You should receive an email with a link from Google.

I was just thinking earlier today while I was opening up the boat, its time for another long voyage...:)

If you like what you see and serious, feel free to shoot me a PM. I promise there won't be any cursing :blush:

Wouldn't happen to have a recent survey?

Big picture if it can make it to Iowa, it must be in good shape.

Sorry no recent survey.

I have all the confidence that she will make it to Iowa under her own power, if you have the time. In May we took her on a round trip to the Keys without any issues. That trip was just over 40 hours each way and several trips out to the reefs while we were down there.

Nice boat, new member based at Anacortes WA and would appreciate all photos, including engine compartment. Any solutions for delivery to WA state?

I have added you as a guest to my google drive housing all of the trawler pictures. Please let me know if didn't get it. There are a fair number of photos showing the engine room. If you would like to see more let me know specifics and I can grab them.

Delivering to Washington state; in all honesty I'm not sure if the value is there as I can only assume delivery costs via container ship or truck would be approaching 10k if not more. I would have to assume there are similar boats up in your area that would be a cheaper solition.

Thanks
Bob..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom