City: Pawleys Island
Vessel Name: Bay Tripper
Vessel Model: '06 MS 34 Pilot
34' Fixer upper!

34' Bridge Trawler - $8k / make offer
Old 09-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
FF
Guru

This looks like a STEAL! for someone that can nurse it to a DIY yard , or someplace to get it operational.

Sounds like the steering might be all that needs fixing to take her away!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
This looks like a STEAL! for someone that can nurse it to a DIY yard , or someplace to get it operational.

Sounds like the steering might be all that needs fixing to take her away!

One would think so! I have a 34' sedan in similar condition, and my mechanical steering works just fine! Can't seem give the damn thing away though.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:53 AM   #4

City: Carrollton, Va
Man that's my old stomping grounds!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #5

post would not work for me but I see it is Craig from horning in uk also my old stomping grounds , we kept our boat at porter and haylett in wroxham
Old 10-02-2015, 10:24 PM   #6
Guru

City: Chocowinity NC
Vessel Name: My Yuki
Vessel Model: 1973 Marine Trader 34
Mt 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreLurker View Post
One would think so! I have a 34' sedan in similar condition, and my mechanical steering works just fine! Can't seem give the damn thing away though.
Lurker, are you selling too? I'm getting close to making the same decision myself. Some health issues with the Admiral, and several of our cruising friends getting out of boating have given us less opportunities to use the boat. A 73 yr old guy has no business crawling around in the bilges any more. The YW listings for these boats seem to hover around $25-30k but I'd love to know if there are closed sales at anything close to that.

BTW it looks like the link that started this thread has been removed. Was the boat sold?
Old 10-03-2015, 05:41 AM   #7

City: amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamup View Post
Please send some pictures

rgds hans
hslocktree@gmail.com
Old 10-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #8
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoss View Post
Lurker, are you selling too? I'm getting close to making the same decision myself. Some health issues with the Admiral, and several of our cruising friends getting out of boating have given us less opportunities to use the boat. A 73 yr old guy has no business crawling around in the bilges any more. The YW listings for these boats seem to hover around $25-30k but I'd love to know if there are closed sales at anything close to that.

BTW it looks like the link that started this thread has been removed. Was the boat sold?

Al - I think the seller mentioned he had a change in his work status that freed up enough time to enjoy the boat so he pulled it off the market.

I'm at a cross-roads with my boat. It's gotten very little use for the past 3 years due to family health issues and my work schedule. If I could sell it, I would. I'm spending too much $ on slip fees, maintenance and insurance for the amount of use I get out of her.

But, as you mentioned, the market for these old boats is terrible right now. Especially ones that still need some of the fixes these old TT's need - in my case, leaky decks and house. The fuel tanks have already been replaced with poly versions and the engine and tranny are strong. I believe those are the big items with these old boats.

I could drop ~$20k on getting the leaks fixed and have a pretty damn nice boat. But I'm just not sure that's a smart move for me in my present circumstance.

I'd let her go for $5K just to have my indecision stress go away!
Old 10-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #9
FF
Guru

I'd let her go for $5K just to have my indecision stress go away!

Post location and pictures.