Old 03-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Delray Beach
2017 Takacat 300L dinghy with Suzuki 6hp outboard

I bought a Takacat T300L (now 300LX) in the spring of 2017 along with a 2017 Suzuki DF6 (6hp, model DF6AS2) outboard. I chose this combo because it was the lightest dinghy/outboard combo I could find. The takacat is 3m long (just under 10ft) and 1.6m wide (just over 5ft). It weighs about 60lbs. The Suzuki weighs about 55lbs.

I used it lashed to the swim platform of a boat for Bahamas trips. I'm guessing about 20 hours total usage. Otherwise it was deflated and stored in the included storage bag indoors. The engine received an annual service last August by a Suzuki dealer and is in great shape.

I sold the boat it was on last week and the new boat will have a davit for a heavier dinghy. This is a great setup for someone running solo or with weight restrictions. It can be stored deflated while you are en route and inflated once you reach your destination, a dinghy on demand. It's popular with sailboaters, but as we used it a good choice for someone who only uses a dinghy in the Bahamas and otherwise doesn't have the space for one.

Total cost was $3200, make me an offer. Located in South Florida.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quality-high-performance-tender-dinghies+LX.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	86089  
mod45 is offline   Reply With Quote