Old 02-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

City: NC-Fl
Vessel Name: Blue Bayou
Vessel Model: Hatteras 43 MY
1985 Hatteras 43 MY

Here I go again. The Broker and Yacht World aint gettin er gone. I guess if I lowered the price to the "fire sale" level it would go, but who wants to do that when they still like the boat and cruising. I want to buy a sail boat and go to Spain. If it doesnt sell, we might do the loop. We still love and care for our Hatt. I know, dont fall in love with a boat.

1985 Hatteras 43 Motor Yacht Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Magnawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
You might tell the broker that the bowled pictures in the listing suck. It is really incomprehensible to me why the brokers try to make something look different with asinine camera tricks.

Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
Guru

City: Fort Myers
Really nice boat at a really good price, it will sell.
Marlinmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
You might tell the broker that the bowled pictures in the listing suck. It is really incomprehensible to me why the brokers try to make something look different with asinine camera tricks.

^^^ Yes, This!!!! ^^^

Great boat, good luck

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #5
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Maybe I missed it - But... I saw no year of boat in the add; an important factor for buyers.

And, I agree - bowled pictures do not do any boat service, IMO.

Edit: Whoops - Now I see 1985 on ad heading in your post... a good Hatt year!

Best luck selling - this spring maybe??
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
I cant let the blame fall on the broker.....The broker is in SC and we are in Florida, so thats why I took them. So, It was myself who accidentally took those pictures with the new Gopro. I had the pictures set on wide frame. No tricks though. Some pictures turned out OK. I wanted to make sure you can see the whole salon and get the big picture. Some people pictures have tunnel vision and dont look good either so I was trying something different. Next week I plan to take more and correct the bowl ones. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #7

City: Cape Cod, MA or Fort Myers, FL
Vessel Name: Osprey
Vessel Model: Her Shine. Newburyport
Looks like a nice boat, but I agree the most of the photos suck. Bowed and some blurry. Good luck with the sale.
Capecodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #8
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Very nice boat. 43 Hatts are hard to beat for value and live-aboard convenience.

"I'd rather be happy than dignified".
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Very nice boat. 43 Hatts are hard to beat for value and live-aboard convenience.
I've lived aboard/ worked and cruised at least 3.5 out of the last 4 years. I couldnt ask for a better vessel.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #10

City: Pittsburg, CA
Vessel Name: NoMoBoat
Vessel Model: Trawlers
Very nice boat.
She should sell fine.
Still may be a little early in the season. Be patient.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #11
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
There seems to be a lot of Hatteras boats for sale in that age and size. Yours looks very nice but so do some of the others and some are always fresh water boats. Not too many folks want to take a chance on a 30 year old boat unless the price point is very low.

If you really wanted to move it, the fire sale might be necessary. Your Plan B of doing the loop might not be that bad of an alternative. Seems like more sailors move to trawlers than the approach you want to take. Have you already identified a blue water sailboat you want to buy? That is a major challenge in itself. My perspective is from a guy in his mid 60's and we are in good health. Our conclusion was sailing is too hard at our age.

Your boat is just 10 miles down the way from us so we might take a look at it. At any rate, best of luck on selling it and your future plans.
Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:44 PM   #12
Veteran Member

My wife and I work at Nuclear plants up and down the East coast. This spring is St. Lucie plant. We just finished Turkey Pt in the fall and went to the keys and Key West. Now we are staged at Ft. Pierce. In May we plan on going back to the Carolina's. A sailboat would allow me to leave Cape Fear river, NC and head due South to St. Lucie without the aggreviation of the ICW. I'm getting tired of the shallow water and bridges. I like the Island Packets the most and looking for a 38'. I sailed a "blue water" formosa one time and it was as slow as heavy weight motor oil on a cold morning. I'm kinda looking for an in between boat not a full on Blue water boat. Like you said it will be difficult.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:09 AM   #13
Guru

City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Send a message via Skype™ to siestakey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnawake View Post
My wife and I work at Nuclear plants up and down the East coast. This spring is St. Lucie plant. We just finished Turkey Pt in the fall and went to the keys and Key West. Now we are staged at Ft. Pierce. In May we plan on going back to the Carolina's. A sailboat would allow me to leave Cape Fear river, NC and head due South to St. Lucie without the aggreviation of the ICW. I'm getting tired of the shallow water and bridges. I like the Island Packets the most and looking for a 38'. I sailed a "blue water" formosa one time and it was as slow as heavy weight motor oil on a cold morning. I'm kinda looking for an in between boat not a full on Blue water boat. Like you said it will be difficult.
What a great boat best of luck selling it my eyes are watering after looking at the pics
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:58 AM   #14
Guru

City: Avalon, NJ
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Usually it's a slow process or you keep dropping the price till the phone rings with a half dozen calls a week.

That been my experience but there a couple of brokers here that may be more help....not sure what they can do with ethics issues...maybe if you ASK them a hypothetical. question they can answer.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #15
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
There is absolutely nothing wrong with wide angle pictures as long as they are done properly. In fact, I prefer them for the reasons you stated. It gives you a better picture of the entire space. Anyways, good luck!!!
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #16
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
And I don't know how long it has been on the market....but don't be too quick to drop the price. Many of these boats were powered with detroits and those boats take a hit in price for that reason. The engines in your boat make your boat more attractive in this market.
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #17

City: Morris Plains, NJ
Did I miss something in the ad? Is there a generator?
Ahab7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Yes indeed, genset is a Onan 8KW. Starts up quick too. We have an inverter that is tha bomb. I used what lots of people here used and installed golf cart batteries totaling 690 amp hrs in the house bank. We run the genset 1.5 hrs in the am and 1.5 in the pm to keep the house bank topped off. We did this for a month on a mooring ball in Boot Key last year. Its a gotta have thing. But the inverter keeps many hours off the genset.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:46 PM   #19

City: Seabrook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnawake View Post
Here I go again. The Broker and Yacht World aint gettin er gone. I guess if I lowered the price to the "fire sale" level it would go, but who wants to do that when they still like the boat and cruising. I want to buy a sail boat and go to Spain. If it doesnt sell, we might do the loop. We still love and care for our Hatt. I know, dont fall in love with a boat.

1985 Hatteras 43 Motor Yacht Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Please contact me at rvdennisfrakes.com. Interested in your boat...

Thanks
Dennis
Kewlbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #20

City: Westerly, RI
Vessel Name: N/A
Vessel Model: 1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewlbreeze View Post
Please contact me at rvdennisfrakes.com. Interested in your boat...

Thanks
Dennis
This is a domain name, not an FQDN or an SMTP Address. This domain name is returning as invalid.

nslookup rvdennisfrakes.com
Server: <host>.<domain>.<TLD>
Address: ###.###.###.###

*** <host>.<domain>.<TLD> can't find rvdennisfrakes.com: Non-existent domain

This looks more like a newly acquired domain that has not yet propagated through public DNS. A common means to get new websites to get returned by search engines. Post your domain in a forum, then let the bots like ones from google.com to search the web and find the address. Then they begin returning the address in browser searches.

Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote