Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #1

City: Homosassa River, FL
Vessel Name: Mango Mama
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36
**RETRACTED** Krogen Manatee Mango Mama for sale

Mango Mama needs new owners. We purchased Mango Mama in January 2011 with plans to live aboard and cruise Florida and the Bahamas. After a lot of hard work and investment, we've enjoyed using her for a few local cruises and as a liveaboard, but no extended cruising. Sadly, health and finances dictate a different plan and we hope Mango Mama will find new owners to please.

The list of features and upgrades is extensive. We've made Mango Mama an absolute joy to live aboard. Her full width cabin provides accommodations rivaled only by much larger and more costly boats. Her large galley is completely refurbished with Silestone quartz countertops; a large stainless sink with gooseneck brushed nickel pull-out faucet and a new propane stove and oven. A sculptured bronze light fixture and a large capacity efficient Vitrifrigo AC/DC refrigerator finish off this wonderful galley.

The head also has been refurbished including a new brushed nickel shower head and non-scalding valve installed in the roomy shower. The countertop is the same durable quartz as the galley with brushed nickel faucet and a very nice china bowl. The heart of the head ;-) is the top-rated Raritan Elegance electric toilet. The flush is directed by a three-way valve to the holding tank or through the Raritan Purasan treatment system for direct discharge in most areas. The original holding tank was replaced with the heaviest top-rated plastic tank available.

The center queen stateroom with lots of ventilation is a delight. Numerous drawers, two large closets, and a vanity cabinet provide lots of storage. The four bronze portlights are fitted with frosted liners to ensure privacy at the dock.

Mechanically, Mango Mama is in great shape with less than 2500 hours on both the Volvo TMD31A 100 hp engine and the Westerbeke 8kw generator. Both were thoroughly checked out at the survey and the belts and hose replaced to be on the safe side. A separate fuel filtration system with dual Racor filter elements keeps the fuel clean in the 260 gallon tank. New AGM batteries provide plentiful no-maintenance DC power for the powerful bow thruster and windlass. The Lighthouse windlass easily handles the oversize Delta 88 main anchor.

Mango Mama is ready to go cruising at a moment's notice. The Krogen Manatee is well suited to coastal cruising and island hopping. She may be the ultimate boat for the rivers and canals of the Great Loop. With $40,000 and hundreds of hours invested, we're offering her at a bargain of $139,000. We hope to receive reports from the new owners so we can enjoy cruising Mango Mama vicariously. See the link for more details.

Mango Mama

Old 10-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Mango Mama truly appears to be a great value, Gary. Sorry that you'll be leaving the Krogen family, but best wishes for your life's journey, wherever it takes you upon the sea or not.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #3

City: Boerne, Tx
Vessel Name: HEY JUDE
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 36 Manatee #46
Gary, any bites?

I've forwarded your post to a lady in WI who visited HEY JUDE last spring looking for a Manatee.

Sorry to hear you're unable to haul anchor & head into the sunset. Best wishes. Philip & Judy
HEY JUDE, a 1986 Kadey Krogen 36 Manatee, #46 of 99. After 13 yrs on Lake Travis she's on Clear Lake TX being prepped for coastal cruising.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #4

Hi Phil and Judy,

Thanks for the help. We have several interested nibbles from Trawler Forum and Krogen Cruisers Forum. We were a little premature since we're just finishing up the exterior painting now but she looks great!

Why is it we fix up those last things on our to do list just when we're getting ready to sell. It's going to be tough letting her go.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #5

City: Gainesville
We are interested in viewing Mango Mama, but don't see an email or phone to contact you (and just signed up for this forum). We would like to look at her this Sunday if possible. You can reach me at leslieanddoug@gmail.com. Thank you!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #6

Leslie and Doug,

Thanks for contacting me. We'll see you next Sunday.

For others - To protect your email address, use a private message to contact me. Or go to the Mango Mama link in our signature for further information and contact info.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #7

City: Virginia Beach
Vessel Name: Tuscan Sun
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
We saw Mango Mamma last Saturday. She is in great shape and would be perfect for us. Unfortunately, we have a condo to sell in North Myrtle Beach first. But I highly recommend that anyone interested in a very nice Manatee take a look at her!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #8

Wow, thanks Mike!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #9

City: Boerne, Tx
Vessel Name: HEY JUDE
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 36 Manatee #46
Garry..if the buyers do not want the crane let me know, I certainly would like one on HEY JUDE.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #10

Mango Mama is no longer for sale. I must be a good salesman since I sold us on keeping her.

We found a nice little place for rent on the river with a dock where we can keep her out the back. I can take care of her more easily and we can enjoy sunset cruises without the fuss of packing and unpacking at a marina. We can't move in until March and we're eagerly looking forward to it.

Closed Thread

Tags
krogen, manatee, mango