Powercat Trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I left the boat last night but I'll be back Thursday. I'll see what I can get for pictures. They're only using the top dinghy right now as the lower one popped the tube this summer, so that cradle is unoccupied.
BD

Here she is from the stern and side, so you can see the dinghy platform. The entire thing raises and lowers to facilitate launch and load.

BD

and of course they're both sideways... :banghead:

Attachments

• WW aft 1.jpg
    WW aft 1.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 69
  • WW aft 2.jpg
    WW aft 2.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 61
Thanks BD. Those help a lot. Retrofitting a rear tender lift + swim platform may not be worth it vs a fully hydraulic or electric assisted steelhead or something like it...

" It will do 17 knots while using a fraction of the fuel of many yachts this size.
A "fraction " it mean's how much ?
Because you wrote 1.6 glh but I think you forgot one digit :)

" It will do 17 knots while using a fraction of the fuel of many yachts this size.
A "fraction " it mean's how much ?
Because you wrote 1.6 glh but I think you forgot one digit :)

Well, 1/2 is a fraction, but so is 3/2. So a meaningless claim. I have a Dyson battery powered vacuum that claims, "runs up to 45 minutes on a charge". They didn't lie, it runs about 5 minutes, which is included in the up to 45 minute claim.

Still there’s no way to deny physics. Those unballasted light hull(s) will be more easily driven than a heavier hull(s) requiring ballast for stability. Multis are the ultimate in form stability be they cats or tris. A definite advantage over monos. Think multis should be divided into fast, easily driven ultralights and displacement hulls similarly as with FD and SD/planing for monos.
Downfall of both LDL such as LC seems enamored of and light multis is the limited payload. No issue once you go large enough. For multis maybe around 40’ or so. For monos probably more like 60’. Both troubled by expense and availability of berthing for many of us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom