• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: A real passagemaker for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vessel Name
Arctic Traveller
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
The 90ft Scorpius (as featured in the pages of Passagemaker magazine and others) is for sale.* Originally built by Blount marine as a research vessel, she was converted to a long distance passage maker / yacht in the 80s.* Since then, she has traveled to the end of the Aleutian island chain, down the West Coast, through the Panama canal,(many times) up the Eastern seaboard, South to the Caribbean and much further.* She packs over 5000 gallons of fuel in five tanks, and gets great mileage.* She is loaded with the systems needed for long distance cruising including two water makers, hydraulic stabilizers, three generators, current electronics, three freezers and far more.* This boat will take you where ever you want to go in safety and comfort. She is built like a battle ship with heavy duty portholes, rugged steel construction and well thought out systems. She was once a USCG inspected vessel, and still has the required alarm systems, fire bilge pumps, commercial wiring, 7 water tight bulkheads, dogged water tight doors, and far more.* Included are two new Boston Whalers on chocks on the upper deck.** Feel free to contact me for further information.* Currently lying in Lake Union, Seattle Washington.** I'll miss her, but the owner says she has to go.................Captain Jeff Coult**** 907 321 5175

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Monday 27th of September 2010 12:43:00 PM

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Monday 27th of September 2010 01:21:18 PM

Attachments

• scorpius 2.jpg
    scorpius 2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 2,944
  • scorpius 145.jpg
    scorpius 145.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 539
  • scorpiusglacier (small).jpg
    scorpiusglacier (small).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 520
Originally built by Blount

Glass or steel?

Asking price?

Woodsong,

That would raise your*lake a foot.

KMA wrote:

LOL... not to mention finding a slip to keep her.

You might be amazed.* When we moved to Seattle, we had a choice of several marinas.* Slips for big boats seem to be in good supply at the moment.* I also just moved a 90ft Westport to Lake Union, and had no trouble finding a place to put her, both in the lake and in the sound....................Arctic Traveller

Arctic Traveller wrote:

Asking price?
Steel with Aluminum topsides, asking* $950,000

Or best offer, don't be aftaid to ask..................

Oh yea, it's gets 1+ mpg, pretty good for a 90 footer huh?........Arctic Traveller

I don't know.* Boats over 12 meters are subject to a lot more requirements.* Don't think I could handle her single-handed. *Oh, and*my pension isn't sufficient to pay for a full-time handyman*to keep the boat ship-shape.
no.gif

markpierce wrote:

I don't know.* Boats over 12 meters are subject to a lot more requirements.* Don't think I could handle her single-handed. *Oh, and*my pension isn't sufficient to pay for a full-time handyman*to keep the boat ship-shape.
no.gif
Actually, the C/G requirements for a private yacht of her size are not much different than those for a smaller boat.* As for single handing the boat, I pretty much do.* The only really difficult part is docking when there is a wind blowing you off the dock. I usually will call the harbor and see if anyone can come down and grab a line for me, but otherwise, once I'm against the dock, I just run down from the pilot house, grab the spring line, and jump off.* Well, that's assuming I think I can get back on again once the spring is tied. Then it's back to the pilot house, put her in gear, tow on the spring, and then go tie the remainder of the lines. Occasionally, I have to abort, run back up to the pilot house and try again, but eventually it always works out.* When it comes to maintenance, I do all that too, so it seems to me your out of excuses.* Send me an email, and I'll tell you where to send the check. (single handed docking lessons included).................Arctic Traveller

Arctic Traveller wrote:

Actually, the C/G requirements for a private yacht of her size are not much different than those for a smaller boat.*
Don't*boats over*12 meters or longer require additional fire extinguisher capacity, greater light range, show two all-round red lights if aground, show two black balls when not under command, and ring bell for five seconds every minute while anchored in limited visibility?* I'm sure to have left something out.

That bell-ringing requirement is quite a burden.* Got a mechanical/timed bell ringer handy?

Arctic Traveller wrote:

, once I'm against the dock, I just run down from the pilot house, grab the spring line, and jump off.* Well, that's assuming I think I can get back on again once the spring is tied. Then it's back to the pilot house, put her in gear, tow on the spring, and then go tie the remainder of the lines. Occasionally, I have to abort, run back up to the pilot house and try again, but eventually it always works out.*
Do you sell tickets to those who'd like to watch?

markpierce wrote:

Don't*boats over*12 meters or longer require additional fire extinguisher capacity, greater light range, show two all-round red lights if aground, show two black balls when not under command, and ring bell for five seconds every minute while anchored in limited visibility?* I'm sure to have left something out.

That bell-ringing requirement is quite a burden.* Got a mechanical/timed bell ringer handy?None of that will increase you costs much though.* Check your hailer, most include automatic sound signals......Arctic Traveller

Do you sell tickets to those who'd like to watch?Heck, I'll do better than that, I'll teach YOU how to do it (with purchase that is)
biggrin.gif

Or, you could take one of our Trawler Training cruises this summer (once again we are offering our spring positioning cruise at a huge 40% discount too)* Then you can learn without buying the boat, instead you can practice with mine....................Arctic Traveller

We will be moving the Scorpius to Trawler Fest in Anacortes.* The show runs from May 10 thru the 14th, so if your at the show, stop by, say hi and see a real passagemaker...............Arctic Traveller<a href="http://passagemaker.com/events-series/anacortes">
</a>

Boats over 12 meters are subject to a lot more requirements

WOW brighter lights and a good horn!

FF wrote:
WOW brighter lights and a good horn!
*Yea, she has an AWSOME Kallenburg air horn, complete with automatic signals.* The air compressor just keeps up when you run the fog horn, and you darn near need ear plugs in the wheel house.* It sure gets folks attention though.* I love blasting it and hearing the echos off the surrounding mountains...................Arctic Traveller

Arctic Traveller wrote:
*... The air compressor just keeps up when you run the fog horn, and you darn near need ear plugs in the wheel house. ...*
*Hope this air tank*big enough (paired with paired with KA-500 compressor) for a D-1 horn.

-- Edited by markpierce on Sunday 1st of May 2011 01:21:56 PM

Attachments

• eng4.jpg
    eng4.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 178
Arctic Traveller wrote:
The 90ft Scorpius (as featured in the pages of Passagemaker magazine and others) is for sale.* Originally built by Blount marine as a research vessel, she was converted to a long distance passage maker / yacht in the 80s.* Since then, she has traveled to the end of the Aleutian island chain, down the West Coast, through the Panama canal,(many times) up the Eastern seaboard, South to the Caribbean and much further.* She packs over 5000 gallons of fuel in five tanks, and gets great mileage.* She is loaded with the systems needed for long distance cruising including two water makers, hydraulic stabilizers, three generators, current electronics, three freezers and far more.* This boat will take you where ever you want to go in safety and comfort. She is built like a battle ship with heavy duty portholes, rugged steel construction and well thought out systems. She was once a USCG inspected vessel, and still has the required alarm systems, fire bilge pumps, commercial wiring, 7 water tight bulkheads, dogged water tight doors, and far more.* Included are two new Boston Whalers on chocks on the upper deck.** Feel free to contact me for further information.* Currently lying in Lake Union, Seattle Washington.** I'll miss her, but the owner says she has to go.................Captain Jeff Coult**** 907 321 5175

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Monday 27th of September 2010 12:43:00 PM

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Monday 27th of September 2010 01:21:18 PM
*Scorpius is still on the market, with a new lower price.* Try something in the $750,000 range...............

I was onboard Scorpius around 7 or 8 years ago when the boat was in Fort Lauderdale. The owner hired me as a pilot to run the boat down the New River here, the river is narrow and lined with expensive yachts. I was really impressed with this passagemaker partly because I had run Blount built commercial passenger boats, and I could see the heritage of Blount throughout.

Arctic Traveller wrote:
We will be moving the Scorpius to Trawler Fest in Anacortes.* The show runs from May 10 thru the 14th, so if your at the show, stop by, say hi and see a real passagemaker...............Arctic Traveller<a href="http://passagemaker.com/events-series/anacortes">
</a>
*Jeff,* Let me know if you need a bell ringer for that trip.* I'm available at a very reasonable price.*
wink.gif

(EDIT:* Now I see that the trip was last year.* Well, if you decide to do it again, I'm still available.)

-- Edited by FlyWright on Monday 13th of February 2012 12:45:05 PM

yachtbrokerguy wrote:
I was really impressed with this passagemaker partly because I had run Blount built commercial passenger boats, and I could see the heritage of Blount throughout.
*There's no doubt she's a Blount.* I work on other Blount boats (small cruise ships) and you can tell they are from the same builder.* I know Blount still builds boats, but I haven't seen any recient ones, do they still have the same look and feel of the old ones?...............Arctic Traveller

Circle line tours in New York city has recently built Blount boats that were designed to look like their old Coast Guard converted boats. They are low profile to go under bridges on the Harlem river. A good friend of mine had a 60 foot Blount with a HYVO drive unit. It is basically a belt drive system that connects a remote gear box to a High block 6-71. It was used for Raytheon equipment testing and research in the 60's and 70's.

New price for a real passagemaker

Scorpius has been reduced to only $799K for a boat that will take you around the world safely and comfortably, and look darn good doing it.............Arctic Traveller (I'll even throw in some training aboard her)

Beautiful boat, but wasnt she $750k back in 2/12?

Not exactly, the $750K was a recommended offer as opposed to the $950K asking price. Now the ASKING price is $799K and I can only assume it will go for less. The owner is not getting any younger and would love to sell this boat as he won't be able to use it again due to health reasons. Heck, I wouldn't be afraid to make ANY reasonable offer, what is the worst he could say? You might get lucky and get one heck of a rock solid, ocean crossing passagemaker for a real deal. All you need to do is load her up with food and fuel and take off for where ever your dreams may lead you...........Arctic Traveller

Not exactly, the $750K was a recommended offer as opposed to the $950K asking price. Now the ASKING price is $799K and I can only assume it will go for less. The owner is not getting any younger and would love to sell this boat as he won't be able to use it again due to health reasons. Heck, I wouldn't be afraid to make ANY reasonable offer, what is the worst he could say? You might get lucky and get one heck of a rock solid, ocean crossing passagemaker for a real deal. All you need to do is load her up with food and fuel and take off for where ever your dreams may lead you...........Arctic Traveller

Jeff, would you like to sell real estate for me?:D

Jeff, would you like to sell real estate for me?:D

Ummm.........thanks, but no thanks, all I really know is boats and engineering, and I know a good boat when I see (and run) it. Houses, not so much. My secret hope is someone will buy her and hire me to run it again. ................Arctic Traveller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom