Wanted: Mariner 37 PH Door Rollers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwinner

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
MISS PEACHES
Vessel Make
Mariner 37 Pilothouse Trawler
I hope i didn't screw up and got on the wrong forum as I have not been on this forum for about a year.

Please tell me if I am in the wrong place? :eek:

I have a 2010 Mariner 37 as stated in the title. Our 37 went through a minimal hurricane in Central Florida last year . No damage except the port pilothouse door got stuck and was very difficult to open. After taking the door off (some work as they used 5200 as sealer). We found out the rear roller on the bottom of the door was stuck due to the bearing casement came partially out of the nylon roller. I called Scott at Waterline and he is trying to help me find new rollers. I will buy 4 if I can find them somewhere.
I am asking anyone's help in locating either who makes the door (aluminum) or replacement rollers? The rollers have a stainless steel holder that is a unit that is attached to the underside of the doors with 2 s.s. screws.

Thanks for any help as we have made a temporary fix but will not last too long.:cry:

Capt. John Winner
jwinner@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:
John, I moved your post to its own thread with a new title to attract the attention of fellow Mariner owners.

Welcome back!

Thank you but I don't really know where you sent it?

Thank you but where did you send it as I can't find it?

Capt. John Winner

It's in the Helmsman/Camano section. This is the same section where your prior message resided. Here's a link...

Helmsman/Camano - Trawler Forum

If you scroll down the list, you'll see some other Mariner threads.

Thank you!!!

Thank you for putting me in the right spot. I have a learning curve to go through. I hope and know you understand.

Again, Thank you!
Capt. John Winner

Often you can get new rollers made out of delrin or high density plastic. Machine shops can do the work. Also, if you can find a maker's name on the door or a photo of the part?

Thanks XSBANK. I will pull the door soon and get a picture.

Roller problem solved!!

Thanks to all! Scott Helker just e-mailed me from Waterline Boats and said his shop will make a set for me. I must get pictures and measurements for them.

Scott Helker is one heck of a guy. I would not hesitate to buy a boat from this man! Thank God he took the Mariner brand and made it much better by redesigning it where the Mariner lacked.:)

We have had the same problem. By the time we were aware of the problem, the SS fasteners in the SS roller carrier were severely corroded into the aluminum door structure. I found that with liberal application of CRC656 and a small screw driver used to pry the wheel, I could force the wheel to turn and eventually it will loosen up. (NOTE, when you use a small screwdriver to force the wheel to turn, do not pry in the center of the wheel but along the edges of the wheel. If you damage the weight bearing center of the wheel of the wheel it will create a flat spot and might cause the wheel to stop rolling) Then I apply synthetic motor oil drop by drop onto the wheel and work it into the axle. (synthetic oil seems to work better and last longer than standard motor oil. ) The wheel can be made to spin freely. Now I find I have to service the wheels about once a year. As soon as the door starts to get a bit stiff, off it comes. And as you know, when you reinstall the door you do not use an adhesive on the top cover. This is the one and only place where I would recommend silicone sealant, and don't use very much. Just enough to keep rain out.

I did the same thing (almost) with the roller. Added a new product from wd-40. Wd-40 came out with a gel type lubricant and applied that to the rollers. Mine was halfway out of the bearings. After the hurricane last year I went back to the boat and found no damage except for the port door. I can only figure that the door "buffeted" and it dislocated the bearings. When I put the door back on , we used silicone. I don't know why they used 5200? Had a heck of a time with a putty knife and hammer to break the seal!

Thanks for the info! I am going to have Scott Hilker's shop make 4 more as I am sure they will wear out over time.

Please see the info the moderator sent me as we are on the wrong forum.

Helmsman/Camano - Trawler Forum is where he sent my post.:thumb:

thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom