I have figured out a lot on this old girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisaensing

Vessel Name
Pau Hana
Vessel Make
Camano / Troll
I have been tearing into virtually every system on my Camano 31, after 20 years there was a lot to be redone.
I had a lot of questions about things like dripless seals, cutless bearings, oil changes, etc. that I could not find answers to.
So now, I have completed some of those items and am working on others.
If anyone is interested they can view my blog, if you haven't tackled some of these repairs/replacements this could be good info (learn from my mistakes)
https://pauhanacamano.blogspot.com/
If you subscribe, you get an email when I do a new posts.
Hope this helps:dance:

I am impressed the Camano can be racked and launched with a fork lift. That should save a lot of bucks on haulouts.

Yes, it saved me a few bucks when hauling out for sure.

Nice blog. Nothing I enjoy more than reading detailed boat work blogs. Weird, I know.

Thanks for putting it together.

Thank you for this and your blog. Fascinating!

I read your log. VERY interesting. Thanks.
It is amazing how much room you can find on a small(er) boat. My AT34 expanded its space with the additional custom cabinets, especially with the hyd assist access to under the berth.
Alas, I still have a store room of stuff that fit into my N46. Maybe it is time to sort through the store room to sell, throw or give stuff away.

I read your log. VERY interesting. Thanks.
It is amazing how much room you can find on a small(er) boat. My AT34 expanded its space with the additional custom cabinets, especially with the hyd assist access to under the berth.
Alas, I still have a store room of stuff that fit into my N46. Maybe it is time to sort through the store room to sell, throw or give stuff away.

At this point in my life I am happy with a smaller boat & 1 engine :D

At this point in my life I am happy with a smaller boat & 1 engine :D

Dats the AT34. Now, almost enough room and a single engine.
I say 'almost' because I have a beautiful lady living with me and she wants the entire hanging closet. LOL Solution: 3 drawers in the SR and `1/2 the closet which my 1/2 keeps getting smaller. SMILE

Last edited:
Hey Chris, nice read on your blog. I had a Camano 31 for a bit and loved the simplicity of it. What a great boat. Its too bad the old Camano 41 never really took off. Gotta love that hull.

Thanks SOH, I do like it. its' small but well built. Agreed, having this boat in a 41 would be killer.

The original Camano 41 molds were bought by Bracewell in BC and converted into a two stateroom boat. I've read that they are being built in Shanghai now. Check out Waterline Boats in Seattle for more information. (no affiliation)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom