Force 10 stove vs cooktop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Why did some of the same vintage Camano's have a full Force 10 and others just have the cooktop?? I'm in the latter group! Haha.

I guess the silver lining is that I have lots more storage below the cooktop now.

The Force 10 oven has just enough btus (5000) to warm plates, otherwise you will end up with using it for storage anyway. Crappy oven. I threw mine out and hot a Dickinson.

The Force 10 oven has just enough btus (5000) to warm plates, otherwise you will end up with using it for storage anyway. Crappy oven. I threw mine out and hot a Dickinson.

Okay. Do you actually use your stove though? I'm sure I can get away with just the burners. I really don't use the stove at my house much.

I took out the electric stove/oven...bkoken and trashed....

Put in a propane Force 10 cooktop and a big toaster oven where the oven was. Just enough room to store cutting boards, etc beside it as a benefit.

Use oven a lot in port tied up. When genset needed to charge batteties, we use the oven to bake or make a meal that can be leftovers, etc.

Bite your tongue. If Lena saw your post, that would be all she'd need to stop baking. :)

After 19 years of cooking full time with a gas Force 10 we've gotten use to it. Lena does a lot of baking, I broil and do roasts. I've leaned to preheat longer and we adjust cook times. Is there a better marine gas oven out there?

Larry,
Ditto. Chris love’s baking on her 10.
Only problem w the Force 10 is turning on the propane on the cabin roof. I stand up on the caprail to do it. I know I could get a solenoid but I haven’t yet.

It's funny because in my owners manual it says I have a full stove! But I only have the propane range. I wonder if some owners who bought these boats brand new opted to NOT have one to gain the extra space below?? What other reason would there be?

Last edited:
When we had our Camano built in 2005 we were told that west coast boats were built with diesel heaters and propane ovens. The east coast boats had AC and electric cooktops. We loved our Force 10 oven. My wife baked everything from cookies to a small turkey in it. Several times we gave hot chocolate chip cookies to the lock guys in Ballard when passing through.

When we had our Camano built in 2005 we were told that west coast boats were built with diesel heaters and propane ovens. The east coast boats had AC and electric cooktops. We loved our Force 10 oven. My wife baked everything from cookies to a small turkey in it. Several times we gave hot chocolate chip cookies to the lock guys in Ballard when passing through.

Thanks, that makes sense. I've also seen lots of Camanos with a diesel heater and wondered if they were aftermarket or not. Yes, I have AC and a propane cooktop.

I'll see how I deal with the galley and cooking this year. I think I can get away with just a microwave, electric toaster oven and cooktop. I'll be testing many features this year since I'm planning to be a liveaboard in 2019....

We hardly ever used the microwave, usually only for popcorn. We ended up taking it out and using the space for storage. We also had a Honda 2000 generator for power when we anchored out for several days. Didn't use it much since we could go for about 4 days on the house batteries before they needed charging.

Okay. Do you actually use your stove though? I'm sure I can get away with just the burners. I really don't use the stove at my house much.

my wife used the stove quite a bit. she left, so no need for much of one on the new one. :)

My Force 10 oven works just fine and my wife bakes things in it. Lasagna for example.

I have a 110 volt Force 10, 3 burners and an oven. Works great, and we use the oven quite a bit.

We are getting great use out of ours... no complaints here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom