Old 02-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #1

City: Yelm, WA
Vessel Name: "Convergence"
Vessel Model: Camano Troll
Camano West Coast Gathering for 2019

This topic came up on the Camano Pacific site and I thought I'd extend it over here. It says West Coast, but Jason, you and the folks from the lesser coasts are welcome too.
Dave Higby organized things last year, when we were at Lopez Island, but he's moved on to bigger (but not better) boats. So, we're looking for volunteers.

HEAR THAT...WE'RE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP

I've sent a note up to Port Browning Marina on North Pender, up in BC. I've asked for some date windows, but mentioned the last weekend in July would be good. That's like the 26th to 28th. I've heard some folks preferred it to Lopez, so why not?

I don't think we can start "sign ups" until I at least hear back from the Port Browning folks, which should be pretty quick.

So at this point, is there anyone who really doesn't want to, or because of prior criminal mischief, cannot head to Port Browning, and is there anyone who just can't make those dates? If so, let me know while we still have some wiggle room.

And as always, help getting this thing organized would be great, since I have no idea what I'm doing and can only put the bite on Higby for so long before he changes his number.

So lets hear from you, especially if you can't make it, either on this site, or my private email: tonifroehling@gmail.com or phone 253 208 8494.

finally, I'm taking the liberty of extending the invite to the new Helmsmen guys. I know..I know the boats may not have the "cool factor"as our old Trolls, but even so..... I know there are a few that hang here and thought there might be interest.

and...if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, let me know. Just trying to get things moving so we don't lose our opportunity.

As soon as we can get some confirmation from Port Browning, we'll get the word out and see about getting a head count.

thanks

toni froehling
ctjstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #2

should be fun...where else can you enjoy one of the premier disc golf courses in the world???

Golf Island Disc Park - Pender Island, BC disc golf park
Old 02-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #3

Please excuse the duplicate posting from the Camano Pacific site:

OK EVERYONE!!!

Port Browning Marina on N Pender Island in BC has responded to our inquiry and they would LOVE to host a gathering on the weekend suggested; July 26-28. At this point then, I would like to start getting a head (boat) count for folks interested in coming out.

So please, If you're interested, or think you might be, please respond here or to my personal info that is posted above, and I'll start making a list. Even if you aren't sure, but are seriously thinking about it, please let me know. Port Browning needs to know how many slips to set aside, and also wants to know what if any facilities we might be using. So, sooner is better.

If so, please get me the following:

Your names, boat name (If bringing boat) Number of overnights you plan on spending, and whether you are sure, or just thinking about it for now. Also, if anyone has any special needs or requirements, or suggestions, you might mention that.

Here's the place: Port Browning Marina

So far, we have one boat....
Old 02-04-2019, 11:15 PM   #4

Two boats and counting.......
Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #5

City: Annapolis, MD
Vessel Name: Think Big
Vessel Model: Camano Troll 2003
Beautiful Location

Is there an Inn nearby? A little tough for us lesser-coast folks to get there via Troll! Nice to include the Helmsman owners. I need to check with their East Coast sales rep to see about having one or two join us at our Rondy at the end of May.
MiltonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #6

Thanks for the note Milton. You might get some direct answers here. I'm also going to post your note over on the Camano Pacific web site and we may pick up some answers there. Lots of the west coast folks have been up in that area frequently, so there may be some good suggestions.

You might also call Port Browning Marina direct. The folks there have been great, and in fact I was chatting with Annette earlier today. they are at: +1 250-629-3493

Hope to see you there!!!
toni
Old 02-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #7

City: Semiahmoo
Vessel Name: Navigator
Vessel Model: Mariner/Helmsman 38
Love Point Browning and especially enjoy the pools at Poets Cove which is right near by and good for those that are visiting without a boat.

Im sure if after we truck out from St Joseph MI we are all put back together we will swing by to see you all.
Nocanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocanvas View Post
Love Point Browning and especially enjoy the pools at Poets Cove which is right near by and good for those that are visiting without a boat.

Im sure if after we truck out from St Joseph MI we are all put back together we will swing by to see you all.
GReat. Looking forward to seeing you.
I've not been to Poets Cove, but heard many fine stories, so I'm sure we'll work it into our trip. I'll mention it so some of the other folks as well.

Hey...if you're not bringing the Hemsman....bring lots of photos so you can autograph them for us poor Trollers.
"Satisfaction"
Old 02-12-2019, 09:14 PM   #9

Just a quick update. We've got 8 boats committed so far....and at least a person or two from the right coast who may come by.

For those interested, stop by the CamanoPacific site and just look for the topic I started similar to here. Love to see as many boats out as we can get. Come on Helmsman folks...get with the program!!! By all reports Port Browning is killer so what better way to spend a weekend?

Even if you're thinking about it and aren't sure, stop by the CamanoPacific site and let me know. You'll see I'm soliciting ideas, so don't be shy.
"Satisfaction"
Old 02-13-2019, 08:06 AM   #10
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Model: Helmsman 4304
Toni, sounds like a good time. If you were not so far away, I would join you.
Fletcher500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher500 View Post
Toni, sounds like a good time. If you were not so far away, I would join you.
Heck...what's a 20 hour drive..or a 6 week cruise. Cake!!!
"Satisfaction"
Old 02-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #12
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Model: Helmsman 4304
I am hoping to run the boat up to San Francisco next year so I can poach some of Al's fish in the Delta. Running the rest of the way to WA is a bridge too far, for me at least.
Fletcher500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher500 View Post
I am hoping to run the boat up to San Francisco next year so I can poach some of Al's fish in the Delta. Running the rest of the way to WA is a bridge too far, for me at least.
Hey...now you're down to about a 15 hour drive....that's progress. Can fly in on friendly Kenmore Air

https://www.kenmoreair.com/
"Satisfaction"
Old 02-21-2019, 08:01 AM   #14
Guru

City: Sharon, Ma
Vessel Name: Slow Lane
Vessel Model: 2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Thanks for organizing this Toni. Sounds like an awesome time with some awesome boats. Good job!

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
South of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #15

Thanks. We'll see how it all works out. The more the merrier.
"Satisfaction"
Old 03-12-2019, 09:26 PM   #16

Just a friendly reminder that we're only 4+ months away from what promises to be the coolest west coat Camano (ore Helmsman) event of the YEAR!!!
we're up to 15 boats with more to come. Come on over to the Camanopacific.com site and click on the button. You won't be sorry.
"Satisfaction"
Old 03-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #17
Guru

City: Sharon, Ma
Vessel Name: Slow Lane
Vessel Model: 2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
So cool! 15 boats and counting?? Sounds like some potential memory making moments in the making! Lol.

Hopefully you guys can get some good video from the event. Camano pride!

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
South of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #18

City: Annapolis, MD
Vessel Name: Think Big
Vessel Model: Camano Troll 2003
Haven't ruled out making an Appearance

I never say never but logistically, and financially, this isn't an easy one to pull off from the East coast. Would be nice to mingle with the West coasters though and I don't think meeting in the middle (Denver) works to well!
MiltonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonP View Post
I never say never but logistically, and financially, this isn't an easy one to pull off from the East coast. Would be nice to mingle with the West coasters though and I don't think meeting in the middle (Denver) works to well!
No problem..we'll hook you up on Face Time so you can enjoy all the cool stuff. Did I tell you we're trying to get Stormy Daniels for the entertainment?

Up around 20 boats now. Gonna be some memorable times had by all, hopefully.
"Satisfaction"
Old 07-03-2019, 10:43 PM   #20

Its Not Too Late!!!

There is sitll time to register for our West Coast Camano Gathering at Port Browning on Pender Island. We've got about 20 boats attending. Be a part of one of the largest Camano gatherings in recent history!!! Go over to the Camanopacific site and get hooked up. See you all there.
"Satisfaction"