Camano 31 vs Mainship 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xraycharlie

Veteran Member
I really had my heart set on a Mainship 390 but the more I look into the Camano 31 the more I am thinking about the Camano as a cruising vessel for my wife and I as we go into retirement.

Does anyone have any input or comments about the vessels?

One thing I have noticed about the Camano 31 from the pictures, is that there is not a shower stall. Is the head used as the shower stall on this boat?

My thinking regarding the Camano is that it will be more economical to run just in the fact that it is 31 vs 39 feet and dockage is priced by the foot, not to mention the exceptional construction and performance of the Camano.

Any comments would be appreciated...Thanks!

In case he does not respond, you could PM "rwidman"(Ron) who should be able to help.

The Camano will be more economical than you think due to low displacement and lower wetted surface. The Camano is economical either going slow or fast. The only boats more efficient would be full displacement. The Mainship will be more typical of most trawlers. Check the displacement of both boats.

It seems to me that you're looking at two quite different boats, space-wise. The Camano is, I believe, really about 28' with the integrated aft platform stretching it to 31'. Aft cockpit is pretty small. The Mainship 390 is I think really a 34 that they market with a 39'LOA including everything.
A big consideration to me, if I were looking to move to a newer boat from my MT 34, would be the walk-around flexibility of the Mainship. We are getting along, age-wise, and sending my wife forward to handle lines on the narrow walkway on a Camano is a non-starter. The bridge ladder access is also a lot more senior-friendly on the Mainship.

Last edited:
A Ross is correct, apples and oranges.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom