TT35 and the New Yanmar Diesel Outboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spottsville

Vessel Name
Quiet Company
Vessel Make
Great Harbour GH-47
This YouTube video shows this very different engine design. If it's lightweight, it looks like a great power package for the Great Harbour TT35!

Norm

https://youtu.be/zDANivoB4KE

I saw that and thought that it might be a good candidate for the TT35, too. Then I remembered the first one sitting low in her stern with the little Suzukis. I doubt she could handle the extra weight without substantial design and build modifications.

I would see the weight as an issue. Also, what really has been gained by switching to diesel, unless you intend perhaps to add a diesel generator which I don't know the boat can handle either. I just don't see gas motors on the stern as a problem.

Norm, I’ve had my eye on a Yanmar Diesel outboard for years. Their old 29 and 36HP units were heavy and noisy but reliable alternatives for get-home applications that could be found sometimes in the Islands. Now that the Military wants them, maybe we’ll see some of the new design certified for sale in the US, but they’re not going to be cheap or light. Still, one could move the engine from boat to boat. It’d take a big dinghy to hold it up though. Pull start, I don’t imagine so.

Like has been said the added weight (150lbs each, I think) would be an issue but the Yanmar's sure sound like they would be torque monsters plus smooth and durable. Can't wait to for new owners to report!

Like has been said the added weight (150lbs each, I think) would be an issue but the Yanmar's sure sound like they would be torque monsters plus smooth and durable. Can't wait to for new owners to report!

Has anyone heard anything from the owners of #2 as they were supposed to be doing sea trials now after taking ownership. I found that sort of strange, thinking the sea trials would have occurred first, but anxious to hear and hope it's everything they were hoping for.

Any update on #1?

Back
Top Bottom