Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2018, 10:45 AM   #21
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15,256
Regardless of anything else, Cabana is a salvaged boat and should be priced and valued accordingly and it should be fully disclosed by anyone selling it now or ever in the future.
__________________
Advertisement

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:05 AM   #22
Guru
 
City: Satsuma FL/Daytona Beach Shores
Country: United States
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,020
The latest attempt to sell Cabana, formerly Esmeralda, involves repricing at $259K, moving her to Ft Lauderdale and listing with another broker. There is now a listing on Yachtworld that again fails to mention she is a salvage. The broker states "all info is according to seller" but allegedly, more info and pics coming soon. For good measure a custom matching 16' skiff with cover and trailer is included. Wonder if that is likewise a salvage?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...g#.W8hzL_YpARA
__________________

__________________
Buffalo Bluff Light 28
Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #23
Veteran Member
 
Island Bound's Avatar
 
City: Key West, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Semper Fi
Vessel Model: 2005 Great Harbour N37
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 79
Cabana Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
The latest attempt to sell Cabana, formerly Esmeralda, involves repricing at $259K, moving her to Ft Lauderdale and listing with another broker. There is now a listing on Yachtworld that again fails to mention she is a salvage. The broker states "all info is according to seller" but allegedly, more info and pics coming soon. For good measure a custom matching 16' skiff with cover and trailer is included. Wonder if that is likewise a salvage?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...g#.W8hzL_YpARA

We saw Cabana near Sebastian, FL on our way to Key West from New Bern, NC in mid-September. We hailed them on Channel 16 with no response. They had manually dropped their anchor on a sandbar that appears to be a rather popular and fun place to hang out. She looks good, but she will always be a salvage boat and there is no way to hide that information from a buyer who does even a modicum of due diligence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07822.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	82110   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07897.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	82111   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07898.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	82112  
Island Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:53 PM   #24
Guru
 
City: Satsuma FL/Daytona Beach Shores
Country: United States
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Bound View Post
We saw Cabana near Sebastian, FL on our way to Key West from New Bern, NC in mid-September. We hailed them on Channel 16 with no response. They had manually dropped their anchor on a sandbar that appears to be a rather popular and fun place to hang out. She looks good, but she will always be a salvage boat and there is no way to hide that information from a buyer who does even a modicum of due diligence.

Sounds like you were trying to interfere with a photo shoot...haha.

Glad to hear you made it out of New Bern before Florence! Did you luck out or run it out intentionally? We were sweating it in North FL and even put the shudders down on the condo.
__________________
Buffalo Bluff Light 28
Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:47 PM   #25
Veteran Member
 
Island Bound's Avatar
 
City: Key West, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Semper Fi
Vessel Model: 2005 Great Harbour N37
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
Sounds like you were trying to interfere with a photo shoot...haha.

Glad to hear you made it out of New Bern before Florence! Did you luck out or run it out intentionally? We were sweating it in North FL and even put the shudders down on the condo.

Hi Don,

It was more luck than intentions. I have sent you an e-mail with more details, but we left New Bern on the afternoon of September 4th as originally planned. Ninety-seven hours later we were in Saint Simons, GA, well south of the eventual path of Florence.
__________________

Island Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012