Old 04-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #1

City: St Petersburg
Vessel Name: Knot Fast
Vessel Model: Great Harbour GH37
Great Harbour Community

Gainesville, FL - Capt. Dave here, reporting in from the 2-4Apr19 Mirage Manufacturing Technical Seminar and the Great Harbour Trawler Association Annual Members’ Meeting. I am a newbie, 7 months into my GH37 ownership, so this is my first annual meeting of our Association.

Mirage has both kindly provided their boatyard as our venue and conducted many of the technical classes. We have reviewed systems and best maintenance practices. Mirage provided a nice mix of how to manage our 10- to 20-year old plumbing, electric and fiberglass (their strength). New technology has been presented on safety systems and cell/internet connectivity. As the new owner of an 18 year old 37’ twin diesel trawler, it is great to be able to interact with the builder and have them as a continuing resource. I give Mirage an “A” for their efforts and support.

Even better, is the ability to interact with 60 owners from 31 Great Harbour trawlers in attendance at our 3-day gathering. Some are original owners with 15+ years’ experience. Most owners have been operating their GH37, N37, GH47 or N47 for 5-10 years. At the kids table, are the newbies like me! My understanding is that about 60 of these boats have been built. That over half are attending the annual meeting is remarkable. A TT35 owner or 2 are also present. Meeting these kind folks and talking about their traveling adventures in these amazing vessels has been inspiring.

Maintaining a 20-year boat constantly afloat in salt water is a formidable challenge. The Great Harbour Trawler Association hosts an online forum and library of project write-ups that has been a critical reference for me as I improve Knot Fast. Having immediate, well organized access to a vast owners’ knowledge-base has been essential to my sanity and enabled me to complete most projects the first time in the correct way. I have written up a few of my bigger projects, as well, and feel I am starting to give back to this community.

I joined Krogen Cruisers and Great Harbour Trawler Association prior to my boat purchase, and learned much pre-purchase info from both. I am 100% positive that, for me, an active owners group is a fantastic and necessary resource for boat ownership.

There is good, strong coffee here, too!
Knot Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:35 PM   #2
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Affirmative on the coffee, Dave. Having a community where one can share projects on these aging vessels can save us thousands. Krogen Cruisers is changing their website again now, hopefully for the better.

"When life gets hard, eat marshmallows”.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #3

City: North Port, FL
Vessel Name: Seven Tenths (sold)
Vessel Model: Mirage / Great Harbour 47
The Mirage Technical Seminar and Great Harbour Trawler Association meeting was the largest gathering of Great Harbour trawler owners to date. It was a great time for everyone and even the most seasoned owners learned something at the meeting. Two owners who had registered for the meeting were not able to attend - one because they were sea trailing their boat with an Associate member, who has since bought their N37.
HenryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
Guru

City: St Augustine,Fl
Where was this held and how many boats? Details....
Old 05-08-2019, 09:35 PM   #5

City: North Port, FL
Vessel Name: Seven Tenths (sold)
Vessel Model: Mirage / Great Harbour 47
Jack,
The event was held at Mirage Manufacturing in Gainesville, FL. We had 58 folks attend, representing 29 boats. No boats were there, except the boats under construction.
All models of Great Harbour trawlers were represented - Great Harbour GH37, Great Harbour GH47, Great Harbour N37, Great Harbour N47 and the Transportable Trawler TT35.
Henry
HenryD is offline   Reply With Quote