Another whiskey run for Insandity N37

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
Sunset Harbor Hill Marina loaded two more barrels of Jefferson's Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey on Insandity yesterday headed for New York City .
Sunset is the yard that did our bottom job last year . Insandity spent the night last night at our marina and left early this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_3411.jpg
    IMG_3411.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3408.jpg
    IMG_3408.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 217
All that weight up top gonna make things unstable. I volunteer to be a mate so I can help alleviate that problem. [emoji23]

Seriously tho, that's a lotta weight. Big dinghy too!

Last edited:
Someone's smuggling?

There was an article about it a while ago.

The sea air and the movement of the liquor in the casks apparently changes the flavor and aging time frame. I think they were trying to duplicate the flavors of early whiskey transported on water. Kind of a neat experiment.

OK, I give up. What's the story behind this?
There is another thread about this in the this same Great Harbour section . Check out post #9 in that thread , it has a link about the distillery and what this is all about.They did another delivery last year .

The use of vessels to mature alcohol has been going on for years. LINIE Aquavit has been doing this for centuries. My current bottle traveled on th MV Tamesis from 18.12.2009 until 21.03.2010 before biding bottled. Ha e one for me

Cardude01
Insandity did the same run in the spring. Prior to loading the casks on board last year, the owners contacted the boat builder to plan the placement of the barrels.

Wonder what the "Angel`s share" would be over the voyage?
I suppose the motion agitates the liquor against the barrel sides, accelerating the process of acquiring flavor from the barrel.

Insandity returning to Kenlake Marina yesterday afternoon after the barrels were loaded.

Attachments

• DSC06335.jpg
    DSC06335.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC06350.jpg
    DSC06350.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC06360.jpg
    DSC06360.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Latest posts