State Province registration OK for the Bahama's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulB.

Veteran Member
Our Canadian boat is provincially registered as opposed to federally documented. I am aware of the differences and theoretical advantages of clear title and proof of ownership BUT I would like to know if boats entering the Bahama's and back to the USA have had problems with only state or provincial registration? In Canada I would have to change the boats name to federally document it which I am reluctant to do. Thanks Paul

Our Canadian boat is provincially registered as opposed to federally documented. I am aware of the differences and theoretical advantages of clear title and proof of ownership BUT I would like to know if boats entering the Bahama's and back to the USA have had problems with only state or provincial registration? In Canada I would have to change the boats name to federally document it which I am reluctant to do. Thanks Paul

https://www.bahamas.com/faq/enteringexiting-policies

Not to be picky but just to keep the terminology straight ... your vessel is Federally Licensed. We do not have provincial registration or licensure in Canada. Licensed, Regisistered, Documented .... What's the Difference.

That said, no issue with a Canadian licensed boat entering Bahamas. We are there most winters and know many licensed Canadian boats who do the trip annually. Further afield can be problematic but Bahamas are fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom