Listing price increase?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TimButterfield said:
As for the Bellingham brokers, how would I find the good ones?
You post that very question on here, in a new thread.
I should update my profile. I'm full time in Anacortes now.
Just a heads up here Tim and some will say I'm being harsh but...full disclosure is really helpful all around; brokers, bankers and just as importantly, the crowd here that jumps at the chance to help.This is a fantastic site. Read. Ask. Have fun.

That this is a Canadian boat didn't emerge until post #11 and at post #30, I learn you are in Anacortes not Livingston Texas. Guy, you're closer to the damn boat than I am.

Get out and walk some docks. Anacortes dockage is huge and there are as many boats out of the water as in. Go walk the hard on T Ave. It will be crawling with boaters soon. Ask about boats, surveyors, financing, bla , bla

Bellingham 45 minutes.
Everett 60 minutes.
Vancouver 90 minutes.

Where your whole concern falls apart is in any way associating listing price with what a survey might say. Listing price is top end for what the seller thinks the market might bear but in reality has no expectation of receiving. If you go to ten brokers and tell them you must have a minimum of $90k for your boat after their commission, you'd see nine different listing prices probably from $99,950 to $140k. There is nothing necessarily consistent about listing prices. Season of the year can impact it, mood of the broker, market turns, location, broker's experience with similar boats. Don't be offended or bothered by listing prices nor assume they have any relevance to value. Evaluate on your own and if interested offer what you're willing to pay.

You post that very question on here, in a new thread.
Okay. Thanks. I'll try that once this settles and my nerves have recovered.

Just a heads up here Tim and some will say I'm being harsh but...full disclosure is really helpful all around; brokers, bankers and just as importantly, the crowd here that jumps at the chance to help.This is a fantastic site. Read. Ask. Have fun.

That this is a Canadian boat didn't emerge until post #11 and at post #30, I learn you are in Anacortes not Livingston Texas. Guy, you're closer to the damn boat than I am.
I'm here to learn. So, inform away. I appreciate this also. I have been accused, at work, of my emails being too long, didn't read. Even though I work remotely and email is a main communication mechanism, this has been told to me by a boss. So, I've been trying to be more concise. You're right. I could have written a very long article post including everything I have posted in this thread all in the first post. But, doing that requires a lot more time for me to compose as I like to proof read everything (and I still miss some things). Instead, I post what I think of at the time. Later, when I think of more that might be relevant, I post more. That should be clear from my post that included this text: "I was thinking on this further last night." Some people work from the specific to the general. I often work from the general to the specific. Until I know information may be necessary or critical, I may not think to include it. That may be due to my software development background. Maybe I need to improve on knowing when to do which. But, then again, while I have lurked here quite a bit, I have not analyzed the posts for predominant verbiage tendencies.

Another part of this was not wanting to say anything that might disparage the brokerage or sales person. So, when necessary, I have to work at coming up with different ways of expressing myself or asking questions to avoid coming across too harshly.

Get out and walk some docks. Anacortes dockage is huge and there are as many boats out of the water as in. Go walk the hard on T Ave. It will be crawling with boaters soon. Ask about boats, surveyors, financing, bla , bla
Yep. Been doing that, especially on T and at Cap Sante.

More on that full disclosure thing... I'll be taking at look at the boat this Saturday to take some hi-res pictures. I heard back from Horizon Credit Union. Even knowing it was a Canadian boat, they wanted them to show to a marine surveyor for a valuation estimate. So, it's still a possible.

Thanks again.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom