City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Like he said.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:01 AM   #22
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Two fall back options although I have no idea what they'll look like price wise for you. Pantaenius and Lloyd's. They would deal more with cruising boats not staying regularly at a specific marina.

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:26 PM   #23
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Two fall back options although I have no idea what they'll look like price wise for you. Pantaenius and Lloyd's. They would deal more with cruising boats not staying regularly at a specific marina.
Yes, I would definitely approach Pantaenius for a quote. They have recently extended their operations to the Pacific and are quite competitive regarding quotes.A mate of mine just changed his insurance from Club Marine to Pantaenius(40' Cat) and saved quite a lot on the premium. Also they are one of the few companies that will do true agreed value insurance(Club Marine do not).

FWIW they are located at the Spit in Sydney. Have a chat with Adam Brown he runs their claims side I think, he's a boaty from way back.

Having said all of the above I am with Club Marine and have had cause to use them over the years. Some of the claims have been quite substantial, through no fault of my own though, They paid the claims promptly and I have always found their assessors to be very professional.
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:59 PM   #24
Guru

Pantaenius has been mentioned. My friends who lost their sailboat/yacht in the huge east coast low last year told me that Pantaenius sent text messages to their insureds in the area, after the wind had picked up to 35-40 knots (at which it stayed for about 3 days) suggesting owners of boats on swing moorings go out to their boats(presumably by dinghy) to check their moorings and attachments. Safety first gentlemen, safety first. Would your cover be affected if you prudently declined the suggestion, hopefully not.
I received something similar from Club Marine this year, but a day or so before a predicted nasty weather event.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:15 PM   #25
Guru

City: Mooloolaba
Vessel Name: Tidahapah
Vessel Model: Bert Ellis Timber motor cruiser
Having filled out a form to inquire about insurance with Pantaenius, they really only asked how the boat would be moored, either marina or floating mooring. This I assume is only when the boat is not being used and also there was no request to show ownership of such berth or mooring so I don't think the problem is insurmountable.
Tidahapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #26
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidahapah View Post
Having filled out a form to inquire about insurance with Pantaenius, they really only asked how the boat would be moored, either marina or floating mooring. This I assume is only when the boat is not being used and also there was no request to show ownership of such berth or mooring so I don't think the problem is insurmountable.
They have many long range cruisers that haven't seen their home in years.

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote