Comprehensive Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jespchee

Vessel Name
Wrightfull
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 40 Labelle
In my previous life (go fast boats) I had insurance that included the coverage for the Bahamas. I am now in the process of attempting to find a nice trawler with the long term intention of extensive cruising in the Bahamas and eventually heading further south to the Leeward and Windward Islands. So the question of course becomes who will write insurance for these areas. Any ideas, Thanks in advance- George

I use Aviva as my normal policy for my normal cruising area and is quite inexpensive. They offer a "snowbird endorsement" if I am going out of my cruising area like wintering in Florida or the Bahamas. This way you are only buying based on your actual needs. This is still an agreed value Yacht policy.
My previous policy was with State Farm and covered the Bahamas in the policy but was twice the price for something I don't use every year nor did it cover anything north of Cay Sal which meant you were transiting an out of coverage area going to the Abacos for a short distance.

Last edited:
We are covered for those areas throughout the Marine Trawlers Owners Association at a very good rate and an agreed value of $350k. The boat lives in Florida.

In my previous life (go fast boats) I had insurance that included the coverage for the Bahamas. I am now in the process of attempting to find a nice trawler with the long term intention of extensive cruising in the Bahamas and eventually heading further south to the Leeward and Windward Islands. So the question of course becomes who will write insurance for these areas. Any ideas, Thanks in advance- George

All true marine insurers will cover those areas. Keep in mind that there are far more boats in Florida year round, cruising to the Bahamas regularly, than in your home areas so obviously not difficult to find insurance. Just have to find a good marine insurance broker to help locate the best policy for you.

Back
Top Bottom