"Business Yacht Ownership"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes rick there are "professions" which are, or should be, positions of public trust, where a practitioner can get filthy rich off of the backs of the people they have sworn to help and protect. I know about doctors and lawyers but dentists too? Shame.

So you are against anyone making money? I've never been either of the professions you chose to attack but I wouldn't be a doctor at triple the income, especially a surgeon, and had I wanted to have been a lawyer, all I had to do was continue three more years in school. I have no issue with what my doctor, lawyer or dentist charges me, perhaps because I understand the costs they have in education and training and in operating their businesses.

Yes rick there are "professions" which are, or should be, positions of public trust, where a practitioner can get filthy rich off of the backs of the people they have sworn to help and protect. I know about doctors and lawyers but dentists too? Shame.

Wow... I think you have completely misunderstood Rick’s entire post and then used that misunderstanding to malign both his personal and professional integrity.

Disclaimer: I too am someone in one of those “professions”. I have committed the sin of advertising. I give money to the local schools for sports teams and scholarships. I give money to both secular and religious service organizations. Since these expenditures are made from the business, they get deducted as advertising costs because they, in theory, endanger “good will” and increased community awareness. Those contributions are entirely separate from my personal charitable giving.

I did use a vehicle for advertising purposes for a time. New vehicle owned by an LLC that had signage on it. My employer’s practice paid my LLC for advertising. The LLC collected that revenue but also was able to write off the depreciation on the vehicle. I did it for 5 years until I ended up buying the practice. At that point, I felt it was way too aggressive a strategy so didn’t do it again. The tax advantages helped me buy a new car however, so maybe I should be shamed as well?

Wifey B: Eye See You, Dave.....bad bad bad. ;) He didn't single out your profession. Guess he didn't know it.

:whistling:

I'm not even going to try to Teach him anything for fear he'll come after my profession. :)

Really? Not paying more taxes than one legally owes is shameful? Does paying more tax than you actually owe make you virtuous? Or just foolish.....?

Back
Top Bottom