Boat AirBnB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are flipping the idea the other way around. Stay on the boat and AirBnB the house. Get paid to go on a 3-4 day mini cruise.

Long ago I knew people in NC who would rent their houses out both of the primary furniture markets, two per year. That's when they took their vacations for the year. They took extremely nice vacations paid for by those rentals.

Hell no- she’s all mine!

LOL You keep stepping in it. "she's all mine". I am very sure the liberal women will chastise you for implying you 'own' your wife.

In April this year we opened our Boat and Breakfast on Shangri-La here in Beaufort, NC. Yes, many hoops if one wants to be legal and insured.
So far, very pleased with or decision.

LOL You keep stepping in it. "she's all mine". I am very sure the liberal women will chastise you for implying you 'own' your wife.
Let the chastising begin- I don’t care.

If one gets triggered by the thought of a husband “owning” his wife or vice versa, it’s not my problem.

In April this year we opened our Boat and Breakfast on Shangri-La here in Beaufort, NC. Yes, many hoops if one wants to be legal and insured.
So far, very pleased with or decision.

Who’s carrying the insurance on your endeavor?

Headline: 5 Dead in Halloween Party in AirBNB rental.

Such a tragedy in human lives of 5 young people, lost forever. The losses to their family and friends impossible to fully grasp.

However, also imagine if it was your house or your boat. Yes, they broke the rules of the rental. However, don't think for one moment that is going to protect AirBNB or the homeowner from extreme litigation.

Does your insurance cover you for the losses of 5 lives? What is that financial value? Is it $50 million or $500 million? Impossible to even predict what juries will decide. Even if you are somehow covered with AirBNB's policy, your own, plus an Umbrella, you face years of dealing with it. As the homeowner, you lost your home but you lost life as you knew it before this event.

I strongly advise if you do AirBNB a house or a boat, you have a great security system and you have cameras. 100 people entered that house. The simplest of systems would have made that obvious to anyone monitoring. Everyone thinks it won't happen to them.

Back
Top Bottom