July 18 St Jorge Winery Tasting Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really enjoyed meeting (in person) Trawler Forum Members. I thought about starting the restoration (gutting) a couple of weeks ago. But then our group could not appreciate what needed to be done and what the previous owner was trying to accomplish (which I do not want). When a boat gets this old it should go back to almost to it's original build. Rusty Areias has the same idea with his Stephens projects.
This boat has been covered with tarps since it arrived here. Next week we will build the enclosure (cover). My finish carpenter (marine experience) wants a cozy environment.
Again everyone is invited to our winery just mention the Stephens and our crew will show the way.
So we picked the Stephens up with a 70 ton crane with all of the counter weights, spreader bars and flat straps. It creaked and moaned from setting dry for month and a half but it made it. I have video some where. I was pumping probably 200-300gpm until I found that the rudder shaft packing fell out sometime during the truck ride and I had a major gusher.
We dove under the hull and packed it with mastic, No leaks now!
I plan on keeping you informed of the progress.
So long for now.

so here is my issue I missed a wine tasting and hanging out with TF friends

oh and seeing this beautiful boat now at least let me buy some wine!!!!!!

so here is my issue I missed a wine tasting and hanging out with TF friends

oh and seeing this beautiful boat now at least let me buy some wine!!!!!!

Alan, I'll PM you the address to which you can send the wine.

Bill, Really great to see you here on Trawler Forum. We'll set up a Stephens Boats-Classic Yachts Section in the Builders Forums for you Stephens owners to share your wisdom.

Welcome aboard!!

Thanks Al, it was good to see you yesterday and meeting your friends, Stephens boats section sounds good there are a few of them out there! Bill

Back
Top Bottom