Old 09-10-2018, 04:17 PM   #21

City: Little Gasparilla Island, FL
Vessel Name: Jackie Season
Vessel Model: Beneteau 34' Swift Trawler
First, congratulations on the new boat. We’ve had our ST34 for a little over 2 years and absolutely love it!!
Secondly, I ran into the same problem with the shore power cords. We docked at a marina with a bad power outlet that fried our neutral on one of the cables, and ended up having to order a new one from Beneteau through our dealer. I wasn’t able to find an adapter but that would be the ideal solution.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigs View Post
Ok so the shore power cable, supposedly it's a 32 AMP cable, (not a 30 amp) which works perfectly....but I have another pair of cables from my Monteray boat (north american shore cables)so when I tried to use them they just wouldn't plug into the sockets of the boat., when I examen it more closely I noticed the pins are not the exactly the same. So I call my dealer and he told me my boat has the European sockets. So now I'm wondering if there's an adapter that I could use on my regular North American shore power cables to convert the male end to European pins? any help with this ?

My dealer also told me he could also change the sockets in the boat to north american sockets ...

DonScatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:17 PM   #22

City: SOMERS POINT, NJ
Vessel Name: SOJOURN
Vessel Model: SWIFT TRAWLER 44
Change the power inlet...

Also if you have a DVD player factory installed - check to see if it compatible with our american format

SOJOURN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:28 PM   #23

City: Z
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonScatt View Post
First, congratulations on the new boat. We’ve had our ST34 for a little over 2 years and absolutely love it!!
Secondly, I ran into the same problem with the shore power cords. We docked at a marina with a bad power outlet that fried our neutral on one of the cables, and ended up having to order a new one from Beneteau through our dealer. I wasn’t able to find an adapter but that would be the ideal solution.

Good luck!
My power inlet fried due to what was determined to be a loose wire on the inlet connection. I recommended to a few members to pull their inlets to check them. You don't have to get parts from Beneteau or a dealer. eBay or West Marine or Amazon etc
mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #24
Veteran Member

City: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery View Post
Show us pics

Changing the power inlet may be best idea. You can find the inlets on ebay or brand new for $50-150.
I just posted the pictures on the Electrical and Electronics & Navigation forum , under European Cables thread

Tigs is offline   Reply With Quote