Volvo Service Cost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got around to barnacle busting. Was simple once I had the right connections and 1500 gph bilge pump. Not convinced it does much but gave it a shot.

Now going to finally tackle coolant flush and replacement next week. Plan is to flush with oxalic acid, then neutralize with baking soda. My question is how do I get everything out of the heat exchange loops that are hoses to hot water heater and window de-foggers? If I was just dealing with the engine, simple enough to open the valve and drain out but those two loops have a decent amount of hose and run in all sorts of directions and elevations. Also, open to general tips from anyone that has done it before.

Thank you!

Has anyone changed the compressor oil? If so, any instructions/tips? Manual says due for replacement every 4 years / 800 hours. Thanks!

Changed compressor oil on my KAD44P several times over 18 years and 6500 hours. Pretty simple to drain/replace.

Changed compressor oil on my KAD44P several times over 18 years and 6500 hours. Pretty simple to drain/replace.

Thanks, I will try to scour the internet again, couldnt find any mention, surprised the manual has nothing about it.

Edit: found this video:

Not same model but I will go poke around and see if its that easy!

Does the D4-300 on the ST44 have a compressor? Any ST44 owners know? Thanks.

My D4-260 had one. It was easy to change. The oil was not inexpensive.

This is copied from our manual of our KAMD300A. We have changed oil and it is straightforward.

Compressor. Checking oil Checking and topping up Unscrew and remove the dipstick. Wipe off oil. Screw the dipstick down fully and then remove it again. Check that the level oil is between the markings. If the dipstick is not screwed down fully the oil level will be slightly above the MIN marking if the oil level is correct. Ensure therefore that the dipstick is fully screwed in to read off the oil level correctly. Top up the oil as required (use the dip stick tube to fill). For oil quality and capacity: See the “Technical Data” chapter. IMPORTANT! The oil level should always be within the MAX and MIN range marked on the dipstick.

Oil change Run engine to normal operating temperature. Remove the oil dipstick. Remove the plug (it's on the bottom of the compressor at one end - left side of photo) and let the oil run out. Reinstall the plug and fill with oil to correct level as above. IMG_5264.jpg

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom