ST44 Bilge question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
On the ST44, can someone tell me whether or not water that enters the bow or lazarette will quickly migrate to the center of the bilge in the engine room? The factory design has just one main bilge pump in the engine room, so thinking the design assumes water flows freely from the bow and lazarette to that area.

Trying to figure out whether I need high water alarms in the bow and lazarette, or if one high water alarm in the engine room is all that is really needed.

I'm not on the boat now otherwise I'd check.

Thanks!
Mike

ST 44 has has a separate "deck" above the hull structure that should (?) allow water to pass to the bilge.

Both areas, and the engine room have drain holes to the hull area which drains to the bilge.

I am thinking about installing 2 wireless bilge alarms. 1 in the lazarette 1 in the HW heater space

Water cannot move aft from either the bow area where the a.c. is or bottom of stairs where hot water is on my boat. Doesn't make sense.

Water cannot move aft from either the bow area where the a.c. is or bottom of stairs where hot water is on my boat. Doesn't make sense.

The boat yard said there are holes drilled so water can flow (albeit slowly) from one compartment to the other. They had a name for them, but I forgot what it was.

By the way, I ended up taking the simple upgrade route and added a 2,000 gph Gold rule pump with a new outlet. This serves as a higher capacity backup to the existing 650 gph pump.

It's still gonna sink if I put a big enough hole in it (hence the prior purchase of the liferaft), but if a through hull goes or something, I should be okay.

The yard also installed the smoke and fire alarms and associated panels as well. When I get back to the boat, I will put up some photos.

The boat yard said there are holes drilled so water can flow (albeit slowly) from one compartment to the other. They had a name for them, but I forgot what it was.

By the way, I ended up taking the simple upgrade route and added a 2,000 gph Gold rule pump with a new outlet. This serves as a higher capacity backup to the existing 650 gph pump.

It's still gonna sink if I put a big enough hole in it (hence the prior purchase of the liferaft), but if a through hull goes or something, I should be okay.

The yard also installed the smoke and fire alarms and associated panels as well. When I get back to the boat, I will put up some photos.

Please let us know what alarms and panels you went with! Anything in the engine rooms? CO as well? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom