Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Builders Forums > Beneteau Swift Trawler

Old 03-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #101
Veteran Member
Swift 34 at 350 hours and counting

It is now mid-March and I have 350 hours on my Swift 34 and we have been in heavy seas up to 9 feet with this boat not intentionally, but we were in them. We are elated with the boat how is built, how it handles, the amazing fuel economy and how well thought out that it is. The 7-9 footers were coming from the Tortugas to Key West. The forecast was very wrong. Winds weee uo to 35 knots. We were going straight into the waves at 8 knots. Water was coming over the front every other wave. We never got one drop in the bilge. I have it on video! Living in the boat at anchor is really great. The more you live in it the more the thought that went into it becomes apparent. For the money it is really an awesome winter home for us. Usually we travel 6 knots at 3.8 liters per hour burn but several 150 mile trips from Ft Myers to Garrison Bight at Key West have been made at 17 knots. She goes 21 kts (24 mph) at full throttle. Our 34 is a 2016 and we will easily put 500 hours per season if not more. We love going on 1-2 week trips and staying out on the hook. The anchor they supplied with the mooring kit is awesome. Much better than any conventional danforth I have used in the past. My diver says the anodes remain in excellent shape after 7 months in the water, a testament to her electrical setup. Thanks Harmony for chiming in and telling the truth about a really great boat. My dealer, Viage, have been awesome as have Cummins in a few minor issues. Sunset Grille out!! Capt Joebad

Joebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #102
Veteran Member
The valves are bronze Groco valves in my Beneteau.

Joebad is offline   Reply With Quote

beneteau, swift trawler