ZF Micro Commander Controlls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Does anyone here have Micro Commander Controls on their engines. I am having trouble synchronizing mine even though I follow the instructions very carefully.

I have 6LY2a-STP 440 hp Yanmars & they are controlled by Micro Commander-- model 463-4 controls.

Attachments

• Micro Commander 463 Controls.jpg
    Micro Commander 463 Controls.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 71
I have a Micro commander for my single engine. The PO put it on and it works fine for now, but I fear the day when it goes south. I have the manual for it and thumbed through it, but it reads like phone book.

Jim

I have those controls. If they won't sync, it might be due to a faulty tach sender. Even if the tachs read OK, the sender might be too weak for the ZF system or the senders may have two coils each, one for the tach, one for the ZF controller.

Yep, check tach signal. Weak signal and it won't sync.

I had that issue a couple of weeks ago. I have switches to turn off the power to each controller. I turned them off and on and sync worked. Computers.

Success! had the local ZF Micro Commander guru out today and he started from scratch in the set up menu. Seems my unit was set to an E3 code and should have been set to E2. Now I get a "green light" when the synchronization has occurred which I haven't seen in 4 years!:dance:

Attachments

• Micro Commander 463 Controls.jpg
    Micro Commander 463 Controls.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom