Yanmar 6LPA-STP wiring diagram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharliePatten

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Mainship Pilot 30-II for the engine "OFF, ON, START" switch circuit? The switch works however there is an "ENGINE STOP" switch on the panel that either isn't connected or doesn't work. The 3 wiring diagrams in the Yanmar operation manual (7.2.1, 7.2.2, and 7.2.3) are not correct with regard to the starting circuit on the boat. I just need to know how it works in the event that someday the "OFF, ON, START" switch fails.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Mainship Pilot 30-II for the engine "OFF, ON, START" switch circuit? The switch works however there is an "ENGINE STOP" switch on the panel that either isn't connected or doesn't work. The 3 wiring diagrams in the Yanmar operation manual (7.2.1, 7.2.2, and 7.2.3) are not correct with regard to the starting circuit on the boat. I just need to know how it works in the event that someday the "OFF, ON, START" switch fails.

I have seen Yanmar use different model panels with their engines and I know that they have changed manufacturers of the panels. Maybe if you posted the year and perhaps a picture of the engine panel someone could help...
I seem to remember a change in panel suppliers around 12 or so years ago on their smaller engines. Maybe if you look at a slightly newer or older schematic you will find the circuit that resembles yours?
Bruce

The panel on Mainships was supplied by the builder and not Yanmar, so the Yanmar manual will have little benefit other than confirming the following. Here is a description of how those switch functions work so you can sort it out yourself with a voltmeter:

There should be a switch that turns on engine instruments and powers the alternator field coil. This is similar to the first position in your car's key switch, but that switch also powers the ignition circuit. The low oil pressure warning alarm will beep until the engine starts.

Another spring return switch temporarily supplies power to the engine's starter relay to crank the engine. This is similar to the second position in your car's key switch. Often the first switch supplies power to this switch so you need to turn the first switch on to be able to start the engine.

The third spring return switch which is not present on gasoline engine cars, temporarily supplies power to the engine stop solenoid. This shuts off fuel at the engine governor and stops it.

How these are wired to switches in your boat is anyone's guess. What you describe is not how my Pilot 34 is set up.

David

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom