Westerbeke Air Intake Hose Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvd

Vessel Name
BOOSTER
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
Been looking all over for an air supply hose running from the inside of the sound shield air inlet to the engine air inlet. This is a black wire-reinforced non-flammable hose heavier than a vent hose but not as heavy as an exhaust hose. It is 2.5 inches I.D. and I need three feet of it. Westerbeke does not have it -- says they can order it at $2/inch! I can find some equivalent hoses online, but sold in 50 ft. lengths. I have tried marine supply stores, boat yards, auto parts stores, truck supply stores and agricultural supply stores from Philly down to the Upper Chesapeake. I could probably get by with a 3 inch ID, but I can't even find that.

In the pic, you can see the hose just next to the dipstick.

The antique genset is a Westerbeke WMD 4.4, Probably built in the mid 80s, installed on my "87 Newburyport which was built in "86.

Ideas?

Thanks,

dvd

Attachments

• gen hose.jpg
    gen hose.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 72
Perfect! Just ordered it. I had forgotten about this company -- I remember having their catalog decades ago (before internet) and used them quite often for supplies when I was building wood kayaks. What a great selection of hoses/ducting. Thanks,

dvd

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom