Waterlift Muffler Mounting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hobbystuff

Vessel Name
Waves of Grace
Vessel Make
Universal 36
So a quick question - my waterlift muffler on the Lehman is simply screwed down to one of the floorboards in the engine room. This seems like a great way to make excessive noise.

Those with waterlift mufflers, any feedback on how you have them mounted? Would mounting on vibration isolation help?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Soundown makes great isolation mounts. My trawler came with their isolators on the engine and gear. But the also make mounts to isolate other vibrations. My genset sound shield was isolate from the stringers with their mounts. And both the engine and genset water lift mufflers are isolated with their mounts. Of the four sets on the boat, none are the same size which speaks to the large range of sizes they offer. Here is a link with the second image being the ones on my water lift muffler.

Soundown

Ted

My knee jerk response would be to mount the lift muff and the platform firm enough that they will not shake either from dynamic internal sources or from vibration passing along the exhaust hose.

Re the latter accordion like SS flexible exhaust couplings are available. I may benefit from that as my exhaust hose is very ridged and I have a high riser. The further one gets from the center of motion of the engine the more movement there is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom