Volvo TAMD 72 EDC. Anyone have these engines?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnEasley

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Wanderlust
Vessel Make
1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'
Afternoon everyone,

I'm searching for a maintenance manual or something along that line on servicing a Volvo TAMD 72. Don't need to know how to rebuild it from the ground up but step-by-step guides on removing and servicing the injectors, the coolers, the turbos, etc would do the trick. Anyone know of an online resource or a pdf document or whatever?

Thanks,

John

John, I have the tams 75p engines and have found boatdiesel.com to be a great resource for information.

Thanks, dpil. I've checked them out.

The current owner told me these TAMD 72s don't have sacrificial zincs. Seriously??? I thought all marine engines had them. How in the world does Volvo prevent the electro-chemical attack on the metals?

Thanks, dpil. I've checked them out.

The current owner told me these TAMD 72s don't have sacrificial zincs. Seriously??? I thought all marine engines had them. How in the world does Volvo prevent the electro-chemical attack on the metals?
My KAD44P had no engine zinc, and no corrosion after 18 years and 6500 hours. Don't know why this works. Volvo does says not to ground the engine block.

My KAD44P had no engine zinc, and no corrosion after 18 years and 6500 hours. Don't know why this works. Volvo does says not to ground the engine block.

Interesting. Very interesting. Thanks, RCook.

My Yanmar 4 LH didn’t have any zincs. 25 years in salt water. No corrosion heat exchangers or anywhere else. Engine was bonded to the rest of the boat. No isolated ground.

I was just wondering how they get the starter to work if the engine isn’t grounded...

Volvo must mean not to tie is into bonding system. Got to have a ground.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom