Vaccume gages and filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trader

I am a very bad boy. Not only do I not read the tags on the mattress, but I do not read the PH instructions and comments. I just change out my Racor filters every year whether they need it or not. Of course if I showed* a vacuum reading of minimal movement, I'd change them out then. This summer I logged a piddling 2600 nm with no needle movement, but in my idle Fall time I changed out my still apparently good Racors. Now I am worried, I do not have a vacuum gauge on my genset, I just change it out every year too - oh oh.

Please tell me how you gauge*the change out period*on*your Racors*and what type of vessel they are on. Do you*have a vacuum gauge*on your genset?

O C Diver wrote:

Most factory oil coolers don't seem to have them (go figure).

Which is why our diesel shop (and American Diesel where we get our cupro-nickel transmission and lube oil heat exchangers) recommended that we*ground the heat exhanger to the block.* This can be done by the simple expedient of removing the paint from the barrel of the exchanger where the mounting clamp is going to clamp onto it.* This connects the exchanger to the block which is protected by the boat's bonding system.

Back
Top Bottom