Show us your ER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few wraps of Rescue Tape in the meantime will protect the hose from rub wear until you can permanently modify it.

Have some tape in place already. I have to watch that as I am a squirrel at this point. While putting the tape ion the hose I notice oil on top of the valve cover and then while cleaning that off I notice a little water around the RW seacock and go to tighten that up and then notice the....you get it...6 months from now the tape will still be sitting there. I need to develop a little zen like focus and fix or adjust one thing at a time. I am finding that impossible to do.

But the engine room (back on topic) is nice and clean and very well lit. PO installed LED's around the outside sides of the ER and I can see everything very well when I am squirelling around looking for nuts. Even that led to another future project. Installing some LED's behind my Racor's so I can see what is happening inside them without using a flashlight from behind. Would be nice to take a quick glance and see good, bad or indifferent.

My engine "room"

index~~element57.jpg

Greetings,
Re: Post #209. No need to modify anything to eliminate rub spot. Get a short length (6") of ABS, PVC or any plastic pipe of the right ID, cut it in half lengthwise and tape it to the rubber intake hose at the friction point.

Engine access through the cockpit floor. Nice feature of v-drives.

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 74
Two of the grandsons helping with the fuel polishing manifold we built. I can now use the unit not only to polish fuel, but also transfer fuel between 3 tanks, and to purge air from all fuel filters on boat.

I'm 6'4"......gotta love Art DeFever's engine room design!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 81
Two of the grandsons helping with the fuel polishing manifold we built. I can now use the unit not only to polish fuel, but also transfer fuel between 3 tanks, and to purge air from all fuel filters on boat.

I'm 6'4"......gotta love Art DeFever's engine room design!

That's an awesome picture. Sitting around in an engine room with the grand kids. Gotta love it!!!

That's an awesome picture. Sitting around in an engine room with the grand kids. Gotta love it!!!

Thanks! Yep, they like listening to the stereo in the engine room and getting their juice boxes from the little frig. The older one wants to sleep down there with "the Deeres":rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom