Propeller for a 30hp Honda 4 stroke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drmnj

I have a 2008 12' Apex Rib with a 30hp Honda 4stoke motor. We're only getting 3200 rpms at full throttle trimmed out. I'm pretty sure she has the wrong size prop. Any suggestions on a good prop would be appreciated. Thanks fellow Trawlers

I just bought a new prop for my 12' Nautica RIB with a Honda 50 a couple of months ago and I am not at my boat to get the prop size but the best result I did find through out the search was by taking my old prop to the prop shop with the amount of weight of the boat, motor and usual passenger load and he came up with the right combination, because Honda has a very wide range of prop sizes.

It definitely goes faster and works within the full rev range now but is a little slow getting out of the hole.

I know yours is a 30hp but thought the process I went through might be helpful

I just bought a new prop for my 12' Nautica RIB with a Honda 50 a couple of months ago and I am not at my boat to get the prop size but the best result I did find through out the search was by taking my old prop to the prop shop with the amount of weight of the boat, motor and usual passenger load and he came up with the right combination, because Honda has a very wide range of prop sizes.

It definitely goes faster and works within the full rev range now but is a little slow getting out of the hole.

I know yours is a 30hp but thought the process I went through might be helpful

Thanks, good suggestion

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom