Prop Purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 38'
Asking for a buddy after lengthy conversation. He has a planing 39' sportfish. Looking to replace Nibral 26" 27P wheels with same. What are the thoughts here on the current Chinese imports? I have seen various reviews on the net. I believe that I have Cinese props on my Taiwan built boat and have had no issues, of course I'm not running 20 kts.
Any recommendation for good prop source? Thanks

Asking for a buddy after lengthy conversation. He has a planing 39' sportfish. Looking to replace Nibral 26" 27P wheels with same. What are the thoughts here on the current Chinese imports? I have seen various reviews on the net. I believe that I have Cinese props on my Taiwan built boat and have had no issues, of course I'm not running 20 kts.
Any recommendation for good prop source? Thanks

My trawler swings a bronze 16x8 heavy thrust, three blade prop manufactured by Hung Shen (HTP-3). Price was right and I've experienced no problems. Quality/performance is good; and after several years in the water, I've not seen any signs of abnormal corrosion.

I have used AHOY props from New Orleans.

They are well done from Taiwan with proper marine bronze.

Old plumbing valves , cast off shafting or recycled door knobs , as found in some Indian and Mainland Chinese castings are not part of the mix.

Takes a couple of months , but its worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom