Perkins turbo needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ross

We have a Holset turbo on our Perkins T 6,354 (1980) range 4 and it has seen all it will see. Any where to get good used or new. been all over and no good links. Really not interested in going to London for one yet.

There's a bunch on EBay. You didn't provide a part number but I would look there.

As I said in my PM reply, if it's a dry turbo you can use an easy to acquire Holset H1C (or WH1C) that came from a 89 thru 93 Dodge-Cummins pickup. There are usually lots of servicable used ones for sale on ebay as owners remove them to upgrade.
It will bolt on, but you will need to change the outlet size to match yours (adapters are easy to find on ebay as well).

Perkins Turbo

If you are near a John Deere Tractor dealership,
they should be able to supply you with a replacement.
There are a lot of Perkins T-6-354s in the bigger J D tractors.

Second choice is Cummins turbo. They adapt easily.

Capt Nemo

BTW, Don't tell the parts guy at the JD Tractor shop that your

T-6-354 is in a BOAT. They won't understand, and they are somewhat

difficult to educate when it comes to boat stuff.

P.S. No Disrespect intended or implied toward the JD guys.

If dry, many on Ebay. Wet, more scarce.

If you are in Canada, buy from a farm equipment shop. Farm equipment gets a 30% subsidy from the government ... much cheaper than a "marine" diesel shop. Some of the better outfits can rebuild them.

If you are in the US and don't want to take a chance on ebay stuff try Transatlantic Diesel for new and rebuilt equipment ... they specialize in Perkins, are super people to deal with and they talk our language.

I took a friends to a shop in Topeka, Ks. and they rebuilt it for $750.00, his was the dry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom