Perkins T6-354 Turbocharger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would any of you gentleman know where I can find, or leads, a Holset turbocharger housing for a T6-354 Perkins?* Thanxs to all.

As an FYI, you can use a turbocharger from a Dodge/Cummins truck to replace yours.
You have a Holset model 3LD I assume? (or a Schwitzer, same turbo).
You can buy a Holset H1C really cheap on ebay. Those were stock on 89 thru 94 dodge pickups and owners upgrade and sell the OEMs cheap. A rebuilt kit is approx $80 if it needs rebuilding but it probably won't.
It will bolt right up to the adapter that is off your exhuast manifold. You may need to buy an adapter hose or two to make it mate up on the air side dpending on the compressor outlet you find.
Any of the H1C models will work and will actually be a slight upgrade from what you have.
Just a thought if you can't find the part you need.

Jay,

What a great bit of information! I had the turbo clamp on the exhaust side of my 6-354 fail this summer. Replacing it meant removing the turbo blanket. Once removed, the turbo looked like a lump of rust. It works but the visual has had me looking at the pricey Holsets. Whenever I did a search on ebay the Dodge units came up but it never occurred to me they might be a possibility.

Thanks!

Rob
37' Sedan

-- Edited by Datenight on Friday 4th of February 2011 08:28:13 PM

Has anyone done this? I Have 3LDs on twin 185HP 3.654mgt. Would like to pick up H1C on ebay, but would like any first hand experience that it is truly a bolt in replacement (oil connections, exhaust manifold flange, and exhaust outlet to elbow).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom